Troble

Peruvian Pollo a la Brasa w/ Roasted Potatoes & Pervuian Green Sauce

@tekoboi must apologize….I finally made this again finally and I looked at the recipe I posted and I had some of the measurements off….I had combined a few recipes into one and I made two chickens so what I posted was a recipe for TWO chickens…..it was way too much liquid, oil, beer, etc for 1 chicken.. I edited the recipe so it should be good now….sorry about that 

I put my brand new rotisserie basket splitter to work tonight. Absolutely loved it. Chicken turned out great 

57DF07C0-8141-4704-8AEA-C95E9879295C.jpeg

E1079A3D-A320-4A71-AEF0-500881500C53.jpeg

DFD7AA95-17E1-4174-BA3D-51B4E4B29C42.jpeg

7EABFF87-E31C-499B-B69C-4D20D2B6E1D2.jpeg

D0B9E7F9-BBC6-46C0-ACA8-1F7FA3BFB1B7.jpeg

CDA869A8-4606-47D8-B794-2A6E66D9F6D3.jpeg

575455B4-CDBE-41E9-AD63-60B5A6D9F3EE.jpeg

E1B8A289-FECF-479F-B1F6-A0DBA7CA9A64.jpeg

B79E8366-F091-47E4-BDB9-BD791C6AEB9F.jpeg

8437C5D1-40E3-4BD1-8E89-803EC99BEA00.jpeg

• Like 6

13 hours ago, remi said:

Ha- figured as much, which is why the 3 times I've made this, I've used 2 chickens!

Glad to hear @remi I had been experimenting with different recipes the first few times then when I decided I was gonna post  it so I made some notes and the posted after drinking. I haven’t made it again in a long time so when I looked at the recipe today I knew that wasn’t right. Glad you were able to correct my error. Cooking two chickens at a time is the right call. Plenty of leftover 

i did crispy potatoes tonight. . Boiled them for 10 minutes with kosher salt & baking soda then tossed in aji panca, salt, pepper and duck fat and in the over at 450

Edited by Troble

13 hours ago, Troble said:

I put my brand new rotisserie basket splitter to work tonight. Absolutely loved it. Chicken turned out great 

Super happy about that.  The splitter (and the chicken!) looks great.  I still have my own home made splitter so won't be buying one of these but I am so glad to finally got your hands on one and like it. 

Your timing with the recipe update could not be better.  I was looking at my jar of aji amarillo paste this morning thinking that I really ought to use it up.  I made up 3x your recipe and will freeze the marinade for future use.  Just one question:  you refer to "vegetable oil for marinade" and separately there is some olive oil to go in the marinade.  It's a lot of vegetable oil so I left it out but wanted to check if it was for basting when cooking or if you really meant it to go in the marinade.  Thanks as always for sharing your recipes.  

@tekobo that’s a good question and where I got hung up yesterday. That’s what had me question the quantity and what I did yesterday is posted above. I used vegetable oil and olive oil and yes I did indeed baste with leftover marinade which gave it incredible color 

you could probably get away with using either the vegetable oil or olive oil not both but what I did yesterday is what I followed above. 1/4 cup vegetable oil and few tablespoons olive oil 

the recipe I made above is a combination of 3-4 different Peruvian recipes I found online that I combined and tinkered with to try to find the taste that I know….

im supposed to be heading to Peru in March (last two trips been cancelled due to COVID) so when I get down there I plan to do some further tinkering to the recipe 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tony b said:

Starting to get a full rainbow of Cracks now! Latest addition, Yellow Crack Salt.

Interesting Tony.  I followed your link and found, as usual when you post a link, that the item is sold out.  Who else have you been telling about this yellow crack?? :smt033

I like the fact that they are very proud of the fact that this seasoning was created in a laboratory in 1959, eschewing the pretence of the "home made" modern sell.  I also like the fact that I am not allowed to do any online ordering this month.  Although I have somehow managed to save this item for later in my Amazon UK cart.  Let's see if it looks as interesting when I get back to it in February.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, tony b said:

@remi - cool. I've just been buying the seasoning. Didn't know they made a bouillon?

It did make the "crack" list, after all!  

Looking at the ingredient list, and the fact that mine is labelled stock/ seasoning, and the fact that the sodium per gram is identical, I think it may be one and the same.

18 hours ago, tony b said:

Is yours a powder or a paste? I ask because of the labelling difference (yours says "stock" and mine doesn't) and it's in a tub; mines in a pouch. No substantive difference really, just a curiosity on my part.

Powder...and they call it 'stock and seasoning'. Curiously the ingredients list looks the same as from the link you posted.