Basher

Holidays in different parts of the world

Just wanted to share this.

Celebrating a birthday with some friends in a place called Rainbow Beach.

Population about 1200 people, and beaches like this.

99ad5cd88fe54e8c4ecf722eb3ae1ded.jpg

It’s south from a world heritage park called Fraser Island.

8b7680728d6be8c0c023a8f5723278b1.jpg

A really beautiful place to visit.

The sand here is so fine and when placed in a tall jar with water, it settles in the colours of a rainbow.

Although we don’t get snow in our part of the world, Mac, Jon, I do like seeing your photos and try to imagine how different that must be to what I am experiencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 10

All I want to know is....Did you bring your knives rolled up in the leather?  Reminded me of Crocodile Dundee saying, "Now this is a knife."  You really have it well Basher, beautiful beaches and weather to compliment. We have some nice beaches also, but because of the cold and wind they aren't so inviting once the leaves start to fall. We know they're right where we left them and although we can't frequent them as often I find the return trip more than my small cup can hold. Nice photo, thought it was a painting at first. You better hurry back.........all the neighbors know your gone and they're in the pool. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, jonj said:

My wife said “I wouldn’t mind seeing that.” Just a 20+ hour plane ride away... 

If you go and love it so much Jonj then decide to never comeback....who gets the wine cellar?  Nah, you wouldn't make it 20 hrs, not after I saw that cellar. Parting would be such sweet sorrow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Your sitting on top of the world Basher, just reversed, those pics are going to start an immigration issue. Let me ask, the 4x4's on the beach can reach places otherwise unreachable if your on foot. Are there imposing regulations to limit their search or can you carry on to explore what's around the next door?  You lucky dog 

• Like 1

@Basher looks great mate. Did you catch anything is what I want to know. 

the snow and cold are overrated. Great to visit for a weekend but only great if you can escape it. I used to love going to Chicago first New Years. My friends shears played a show, it would always snow. One year it was -15 with wind chill. I’d think it was great. My friends that moved there thought I was mad. But that was because they would say I get to hop on a plane and leave it. They were right 

• Like 2

The fishing was average Troble.
Tyrus those 4WD s are waiting to board the ferry onto Fraser Island and yes they allow you to cover a lot more ground.
24b008121932ad3ff9fb429d71f45c3a.jpg
Much of the island is overgrown with native bush, however, there are driving tracks and walking tracks throughout.
Plenty get bogged in the soft sand and there are many cleverly engineered solutions to handle the terrain. That’s part of the challenge and fun of 4wding

• Like 3

We had a grand total of 2 community COVID cases diagnosed this week, so the State Government declares the capital city plus 3 surrounding Shires will be locked down at 5pm for 3 days( Thursday before Easter Friday).
What do 2 million people within the lockdown area do?
Drive to the coast outside the lock down area.
This is Tugun on The Gold Coast.... with a full moon rising over The Pacific Ocean.
f6ba6ab73c9889f1e1a043cde7ac0d9c.jpg
d8eb7fe77daa6ddfe4552ef478b0bb9e.jpg
It’s a beautiful still night.
ba8ea44d164bcdff398d305c358e7be6.jpg
It’s normally a 50 minute drive. Today it took 3 hours.

• Like 7