Forrest

The Bricknic

I know a lot of you guys are obsessed with unique cooking apparatuses like myself, even better when they go in the Kamado. I’m sure you guys will appreciate the Bricknic.

These are clay vessels shaped like bricks, I believe they are relatively new to the market and are advertised for cooking on open fires.

I believe these will be especially well suited for cooking easy side dishes and deserts alongside your main dish in the Kamado. For foods that you don’t want to take on a major smoke profile. I also imagine the Bricknic will require you to tend to the side dish less, just throw whatever you want cooked inside and set it on the coals or a grate and then focus on your main proteins.

They advertise cooking vegetable medleys, potatoes, meats, cakes, etc. in them, the sky is the limit. I plan on doing cookie bakes, Mac and cheese, asparagus, etc. My family seems excited about them too, we also plan on cooking s’more bakes on our propane fire that is built into our outdoor table.

KK friends
 625dfd478d05280a56b6348d1e8f2034.jpg
485fa386b92dd0ab710bd5acbbb6e84e.jpg
d1bef3ca45d8ea0b471987f20a9abd45.jpg
2283deca3e4dde7271f2503cfc55fb0d.jpg
a73c534d7525ca408f6fd9f362021ad6.jpg

• Like 4

Forrest that's a handsome brick you got there, but before I take the splash I'd prefer to see what you do first.  I appears to be a baking dish for a loaf of bread, having continuous heat surrounding it, that's a plus. AS it stands now it appears to be just another brick in the wall, I said appears, let's see how it works. It looks 10" x 3 1/2", a square pot....you have me hooked on the line, not sure you'll be able to reel me in.

Great cooks Forrest, lots of workable potential there. I'm going to put this guy on the backburner for now, it may come to light on down the road, but my Cast iron ain't going to taking no 2nd row.  Anyhow, where'd you find those Mussels... in the desert, must be desert mussels I presume, around here we pick em off the rocks. Those bricks are nice, functional, versatile and attractive yet a little short, I'll hold out for the Daddy brick 20x20...what u think

Those cooks aren’t mine lol! those are from the Bricknic website. I ordered direct from the German Bricknic website shipping was $40ish but it was lightning fast, I had the bricks in 5 days ordering into the USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

I hope you don't mind, but as long as your displaying things to use in the KK as BBQ associated this may be of interest. I'm going to make my shawarma stack soon and have been looking at everyone else knocking them out. I didn't have an apparatus necessary to do the stacking and I thought the price tag was a bit much for my liking seeing what the components were so I thought I would make my own. Now I could have built one cheap enough, but upon doing research on Amazon I found this. Nicely built 304 SS with a removable 10 in spike and lower sitting rack to keep the meat off the lower plate. I was a little disappointed in finding the lower 7.5 in square plate "flat", however a larger plate could be laid up under it for use. For what this cost vs to build one really wasn't worth the effort, good quality piece I thought. $39 Amazon

DSCF3391.JPG

DSCF3390.JPG

• Like 5