Jadeite

Greetings from Ontario Canada, I'm in the early stages of the process and thought I'd say hello!

Good evening,

I just wanted to drop a quick note and say hello. I am in the EARLIEST stages of the process of getting a KK (I only emailed Dennis yesterday with some basic timeline/availability & shipping quote questions in fact) and while I haven't heard back from him yet.. in the past 48 hours I've gone from "Well maybe I will" to "Yeah I am committed, let's do it!". Even my wife is accepting of the idea so no excuses right? 

I'll be upgrading from a Large BGE that I've had for 7+ years and I am VERY excited to say the least and I already know that I'll be wanting the 32" BB with just about all the accessories + cover. I know COVID has made stock harder to get but HOPEFULLY I won't have too too long.. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news from Dennis.

I've been reading the forums the past few days and wanted to get my feet wet while I start the process of ownership. Hope everyone is doing well and happy to be here!

• Like 8

Good evening,
I just wanted to drop a quick note and say hello. I am in the EARLIEST stages of the process of getting a KK (I only emailed Dennis yesterday with some basic timeline/availability & shipping quote questions in fact) and while I haven't heard back from him yet.. in the past 48 hours I've gone from "Well maybe I will" to "Yeah I am committed, let's do it!". Even my wife is accepting of the idea so no excuses right? 
I'll be upgrading from a Large BGE that I've had for 7+ years and I am VERY excited to say the least and I already know that I'll be wanting the 32" BB with just about all the accessories + cover. I know COVID has made stock harder to get but HOPEFULLY I won't have too too long.. I'll keep my fingers crossed for good news from Dennis.
I've been reading the forums the past few days and wanted to get my feet wet while I start the process of ownership. Hope everyone is doing well and happy to be here!

Hello Jadeite,

That’s fantastic. Glad to welcome another fellow Canadian.
You will love your KK, as well as your lady.
Those are a pleasure to use and the forum here is full of friends glad to help and share recipes and knowledge.
We won’t even judge you if post some of your cooking on the BGE waiting for the KK to arrive.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Good evening,

Where are you I’m Canada? I am in Whitby On, feel free to reach out with any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Bruine said:

Hello Jadeite,

That’s fantastic. Glad to welcome another fellow Canadian.
You will love your KK, as well as your lady.
Those are a pleasure to use and the forum here is full of friends glad to help and share recipes and knowledge.
We won’t even judge you if post some of your cooking on the BGE waiting for the KK to arrive.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the welcome! 

I'm hopeful to get to cooking soon now that the weather is better :D

37 minutes ago, Buzilo said:

Where are you I’m Canada? I am in Whitby On, feel free to reach out with any questions.

I'm actually up in Newmarket so not too far from you! I go by Whitby relatively often for various reasons :)

Welcome to the forum Jadeite.
No regrets... once you have come this far, most likely you go the whole hog.
If you hold off too long everyone here will talk you into the 42”.

I couldn’t agree more with Basher!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Basher said:

Welcome to the forum Jadeite.
No regrets... once you have come this far, most likely you go the whole hog.
If you hold off too long everyone here will talk you into the 42”.

I don't know if I have the room for the full 42".. and the fact I was able to talk my wife into upgrading to a KK over the BGE was magic in of itself so I PROBABLY shouldn't push it too much yet... haha. As it is she has no idea how many accessories I have my eyes on ;)

I can already tell I won't regret it.. now I am in the excitement/anticipation of waiting phase and I haven't even confirmed a colour, square/pebble or anything! I'm in trouble.. haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jadeite said:

I don't know if I have the room for the full 42".. and the fact I was able to talk my wife into upgrading to a KK over the BGE was magic in of itself

My 23" KK was our second ceramic cooker, and my wife bought it. We've fed 80 people at her church pork butt out of it. The 32" does a lot.

1 hour ago, Syzygies said:

My 23" KK was our second ceramic cooker, and my wife bought it. We've fed 80 people at her church pork butt out of it. The 32" does a lot.

Yeah I was comparing the 32" to what I currently have with my large BGE (With Adjustable Rig for a lot of extra room) and I'd be able to cook SO MUCH more with the 32", and that is without even talking about all the other positives the KK has over the BGE from what I've read.

Yeah I was comparing the 32" to what I currently have with my large BGE (With Adjustable Rig for a lot of extra room) and I'd be able to cook SO MUCH more with the 32", and that is without even talking about all the other positives the KK has over the BGE from what I've read.

I had the BGE and there is zero comparison. It’s like comparing a Ferrari and a Honda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Keep the questions coming! That's what this Forum is for. Dennis will work with you to make sure that your final purchase meets all your needs. No pressure salesmanship from him. 

Only advice - load up the pallet with as much cocochar, coffee wood charcoal, coffee wood chunks as will fit - only way to get it these days. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

Welcome, better start looking for a home for that BGE. Once you start cooking on the KK you won't want to cook on the BGE. :) Ask me how I know, I used to have a Primo.

Thanks! I'm already working on a plan on where my BGE can go once I have the KK order confirmed and a delivery estimate. I'll do my best to time the BGE leaving and the KK arriving to be as close together as possible :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome @Jadeite. I too also convinced my wife on a 32 and she absolutely loves the food that comes out of it and we’ve cooked for our big groups as well although most of the time I cook for me and her on it. You won’t regret it. Plus the people around here are pretty decent 😀

my grilling game has gone up another level since I got my 32. I absolutely love it and so will you

rotusserie, pizza stone, double drip pan are the must haves in my book 

Edited by Troble
  • Like 2