Jadeite

Greetings from Ontario Canada, I'm in the early stages of the process and thought I'd say hello!

11 minutes ago, Troble said:

@Jadeite my kids love making pizza the most. I have a 3 & 5 year old daughters and they help me with the dough, sauce and cheese. It’s real fun 

My kids are just about the same age and they LOVE making pizza too.. so it'll work out perfectly :D 

• Like 1

@Jadeite welcome to the KK party.  I’m sure you’ll be delighted.  As others have said, it’s quite a step up from the BGE.  In my house, upgrading meant keeping the BGE and I’m glad I did.  Over my grilling journey, I’ve learned a formula for the ideal number of cookers and related cooking toys (I mean tools) a person needs.  Somehow it always seems to be however many I currently own + 1.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Well I am happy to report I spoke to Dennis.. it went amazingly well, he was amazing to talk to (as everyone has said) and I have my KK picked out and it should be here sometime this summer! Needless to say I am SUPER excited!! Now the wait begins!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Troble said:

Congratulations @Jadeite! Now the hard part....waiting. Soon enough you’ll be grilling in the summer though! What accessories did you pick?

I'm going for all of them basically.. SS Side Tables.. Hot/Cold Smoker.. Roti.. Baking stone, Basket splitter. All the fun stuff :D 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Troble said:

@Jadeite I did the same it’s a smart move. But you do need a cover as @cruzmislsaid make sure you add that 

Oh absolutely yeah! The cover is on the list too! The cover was actually the first thing Dennis mentioned after we confirmed the grill choice. Thanks for the reminders @cruzmisl& @Troble :) 

Edited by Jadeite
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, cruzmisl said:

Don't forget a cover. That's a VERY important accessory.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

ESPECIALLY in a winter climate like up here.. got to keep the snow/ice off of it! :D I've got that on the list too :) 

• Like 1

So I've got my grill, cover & accessory list to Dennis and in the process of waiting (trying to be patient) I am getting together some smaller items I need before delivery day in couple of months.

I'm thinking mostly for the burn in day.. so I have on my list T Pins for venting and also a set of syringes for applying the grout deep into any potential cracks. Anything else I should grab from venting/post venting care? I've got Simple Green ready for any white residue. 

• Like 1

So good news! I decided to change course a bit today and instead of going for a 32" and having to wait for when it arrived on a future container I went UP and got the 42" SBB in Matte Black Pebble that is in stock in California.. so I placed the order today with ALL the accessories (Both Roti Basket + Spit, Motor, Cover, Pizza Stones, Hot/Cold Smoker, Side Tables in Teak/SS), paid and now I get to wait for the shipping notice!

I hate waiting.. but this wait won't be nearly as bad (or as long) as it could have been! I'll post a pic of my grill when Dennis passes along the non-stock photo! :D

• Like 5