Jadeite

Greetings from Ontario Canada, I'm in the early stages of the process and thought I'd say hello!

20 minutes ago, BOC said:

I love this move! It makes me very happy and it isn’t even my grill. Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Took some time to come around.. but Dennis and @Buzilohelped bring me around to the larger size AND the fact that having the KK in hand faster is just better! I am SUPER excited!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Jadeite said:

I hate waiting.. but this wait won't be nearly as bad (or as long) as it could have been! I'll post a pic of my grill when Dennis passes along the non-stock photo! :D

Awesome.  Way to go!  Looking forward to seeing the pix.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tekobo said:

Awesome.  Way to go!  Looking forward to seeing the pix.  

Hopefully I'll have one soon.. I know things are SUPER busy right now on multiple levels.. but it feels good to have the grill confirmed (and in stock) so the wait won't be so bad or long. :)

Another Canadian here in Ontario.  Just spoke to Dennis and my 23" is on the ocean!!  I am so excited that I'm almost giddy.  I, too, had a hankering for the 32" (much to my wife's chagrin) but after a few discussions with Dennis, the 23" is what I ended up ordering (much to my wife's joy).

The process has been seamless, so far and Dennis a pleasure to deal with.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, chuck said:

Another Canadian here in Ontario.  Just spoke to Dennis and my 23" is on the ocean!!  I am so excited that I'm almost giddy.  I, too, had a hankering for the 32" (much to my wife's chagrin) but after a few discussions with Dennis, the 23" is what I ended up ordering (much to my wife's joy).

The process has been seamless, so far and Dennis a pleasure to deal with.

Congratulations! 

• Like 2

On 4/1/2021 at 12:51 PM, Jadeite said:

I am super interested in grabbing the Rotisserie as well..

I gave away my rotisserie, it was too much work to clean. I like tending a spatchcocked chicken on the regular grill grates just as much.

Then I bought an electric pressure washer for prepping our ipe deck before oiling. That's the lazy way to clean any BBQ grill, it would make short work of a rotisserie.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Syzygies said:

I gave away my rotisserie, it was too much work to clean. I like tending a spatchcocked chicken on the regular grill grates just as much.

Then I bought an electric pressure washer for prepping our ipe deck before oiling. That's the lazy way to clean any BBQ grill, it would make short work of a rotisserie.

I have a container of PBW here (found out about it here on the forum) so that should hopefully take care of any pesky cleaning. I just need to find a container later enough to soap the pieces when I need to clean.. especially with how huge the 42" Roti basket is.. haha

• Like 1

I have been stuck on soaking in normal dishwasher liquid and cleaning with a Kurly Kate since I got my KKs.  The PBW that I have found here in the UK is expensive and doesn't seem to have the magic effect that guys on the forum report, even when I use double the quantity recommended.  That said, I will give it a go again soon.  

Things that have worked - sticking rotisserie sharp bits in the dishwasher and soaking and washing the rest in the sink.  

Things I am yet to try - @Syzygies' power washer trip, @tony b's PBW - again, buying a paddling pool to soak my 32 bits in if it turns out PBW does work and finding out if my friend's dad will let me put my grates in his pub's industrial grate cleaner.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Jadeite said:

I just need to find a container later enough to soap the pieces when I need to clean.. especially with how huge the 42" Roti basket is.. haha

Something like this, perhaps? I think it is available in Ontario...

143266966_CheviotRegencyTub.jpg.eeabaf4962fe759982668098cefc98fa.jpg

• Haha 5

@tekobo - PBW is expensive here, too, unless you buy in bulk. Our homebrewing club does a big bulk purchase of grains and stuff once a year through one of the local breweries. We get everything at the same prices as the brewery does. Last year I split a 50# bucket of PBW with 5 other folks. The price point was very nice ($3/lb)

The "trick" with PBW is to start out with very hot water to soak the parts in. I typically mix it at 1 TB/gallon of hot water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1