John T

Easter Ham

For several years we have wanted to build a shed to store things that really shouldn't live in our basement (like gasoline powered equipment).  The purchase of "Babe" (as in Paul Bunyan's big blue ox) this past summer (21" Supreme) pushed us over the hump.  Totally home built from plans.  Babe lives inside during the winter months, rolling out for cooks then back under cover.  Will remain on the porch now (under sunbrella cover) till the snow flies.  Tried a brined ham for Easter roughly following these directions - https://www.daringgourmet.com/how-to-smoke-a-ham/    Used apple wood in the pot with coffee char for fuel - turned out well if I do say so myself.

John

IMG_1665 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1668 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1675 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1676 - Copy.JPG

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BOC said:

Amazing setup! For the ham, safe to assume you went for the pre cooked/cured? The pink color kind of gives it away unless of course you cured it yourself. Either way, well done!

Nope, a fresh ham shoulder to start.  The brine included some curing salt that gives the characteristic color. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3