braindoc

Greetings from Rhode Island

8 minutes ago, jeffshoaf said:

Be prepared for sticker shock... Plywood and other construction materials prices are ridiculous right now.

Mind you I am speaking in Canadian dollars but I just bought 2 sheets (4x8 feet, 3/4 thick for my 42") and they were $85 a sheet.. lol. 

10 hours ago, C6Bill said:

I’m going to try and wait patiently for the shipping company to contact me. I’m 30 miles south of Boston so I know it won’t be here any time soon. But I know it is on the way so I’m happy 😁

I have to assume that ours will be on the same truck.   The initial trucking info says ETA next Wednesday.  Maybe it is too optimistic to think that will be it, but certainly before Memorial Day would be great.  We were married on the Sunday of that weekend, 14 years ago.  I’m telling my wife it is her wedding anniversary gift.

• Thanks 1

I work with roofers and they are complaining about plywood prices. Normally $9/sheet now $45/50/sheet 

I paid $70 to get two sheets when I got my new KK in January, but if you e bought a KK you’ll fork over the extra few bucks to make sure it gets delivered properly 

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Troble said:

I work with roofers and they are complaining about plywood prices. Normally $9/sheet now $45/50/sheet 

I paid $70 to get two sheets when I got my new KK in January, but if you e bought a KK you’ll fork over the extra few bucks to make sure it gets delivered properly 

Exactly my thought too. ~$150 for plywood is nothing compared to the safety (and cost) of a KK!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 8:30 AM, braindoc said:

I have to assume that ours will be on the same truck.   The initial trucking info says ETA next Wednesday.  Maybe it is too optimistic to think that will be it, but certainly before Memorial Day would be great.  We were married on the Sunday of that weekend, 14 years ago.  I’m telling my wife it is her wedding anniversary gift.

So Clear Lane Freight has your’s ? There is no ETA on my BOL and no results for the same BOL on their web site. I’ll call them tomorrow.

Apparently not.  Mine is with Frontline.  It has been “in transit” since 5/18.  The tracking info is: 

Status: LINE HAUL UNIT DELAYED DUE TO BACKLOG WHILE AT THE LAX HUB

Estimated Delivery Date:  Wednesday, 05/26/2021

It goes to Elizabeth, NJ and once it is at their unloading terminal final delivery can be scheduled.  I will call them tomorrow.  Hopefully, you’ll get some information too.

Edited by braindoc
Clarity
  • Like 1