ckreef

Been Busy Lately But I Did It Again

I got a new position at work which keeps me really busy so I've only done limited grilling lately and not much time on the forums.

I swore off buying new grills so I couldn't do that again but I never said anything about a new truck. 

Me and Mrs skreef wanted to get a bigger trailer (a 5th wheel) and our Nissan Titan was not going to cut it. Back in January I started looking around for a HD truck. Ended up doing a factory order of a Ram. From order date to dealer delivery was about 11 weeks. Here she is:

Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 crew cab, short bed
Laramie lv1, towing technology package, bed utility package, and 5th wheel/gooseneck prep

GVWR 11,000
Max Towing 14,525
CCC 4025
GCWR 21,500

3500full.thumb.jpg.b426c575586ef47697f61076681eb642.jpg

3500badge.thumb.jpg.f45bb8389b4e572e2af0a4b903425ab4.jpg

3500interior.thumb.jpg.2b4cd516b8f3bd83eaec440809341a9c.jpg

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, BOC said:

Nice wheels! It’s a good thing you went for the 3500 and not the 2500 emoji23.png. It’s a running joke with my wife and I every time we see one now.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/38238/ram-2500-drivers-have-the-most-duis-more-than-twice-the-national-average-report

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is definitely a different angle on why not to buy a 2500 - LOL 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ckreef said:

I swore off buying new grills so I couldn't do that again but I never said anything about a new truck. 

Good trick - find something more expensive to buy first.  I'm on to you.  This is just a precursor to convincing Mrs S that a 42 is not too expensive after all.  

That said, beautiful truck.  I love the idea of being able to chuck things in the back of a truck and go.  Congratulations.  

• Haha 3

Thanks everyone. The new position at work has really dampened my grilling (get home to late now). That and we've put all our effort in the new truck purchase and a new 5th wheel trailer we're picking up this weekend. Hopefully later this summer life will get back to a normal pace. 

On another front both me and Mrs skreef got our second vaccine shot yesterday :)

• Like 5