Anyone else use the Untappd beer tracking app? Based on the fair number of comments and photos, there seems to be quite a few fans of craft beer on this board. Untappd lets you search menus of local watering holes, rate your beers, and review the ratings others given for the same beer.  It will also give you details on the beer style and information about the brewery. If anyone else is on and wants to connect, my name of the app is "Catfishbrewer".  

I believe mine was the same, 5 or 6 years later.  My brother had been to SF and told me about the great beer he had, then we saw it a few days later in a specialty store, so we bought six.  First few swallows I thought it was bitter and rough, 3 bottles later I knew I was hooked.  Then I later found Pete's Wicked, and few years later Sam Adams. We just called them microbrews back then, but I guess you really can't call Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, Stone etc. microbrews anymore.

18 hours ago, GrillnBrew said:

We just called them microbrews back then, but I guess you really can't call Sam Adams, Sierra Nevada, Stone etc. microbrews anymore.

Nope, especially since Sam Adams is the 4th largest brewer by volume in the US.

Add Lagunitas to that list too. There 2nd brewery in Chicago is MASSIVE. Sierra Nevada has a lovely 2nd location in Asheville, NC. I've been to several of the Stone breweries - I like the one in Napa Valley. Maybe one day I'll get to the one in Berlin!

• Like 1

Anchor steam was first, never really cared for it, always thought it tasted like barnacles. Started drinking Sierra Nevada and Sam Adam’s in college, I’d bring my own 6 pack to parties cause I didn’t like cheap keg beer. Stumbled upon Arrogant Bastard in 1998 when I was 19 years old and began my love affair with local San Diego beers 

Edited by Troble