Dono

Porter Road — revisited

I'm a big fan, especially of their beef ribs, tri-tips, and lamb.  They had a special on dry-aged ground beef, 10lb for $64 which is cheaper than most groceries around here.  Their gift certificates are now the standard birthday, Fathers Day, Christmas gifts from my kids, and that works for me!  Sign up for their newsletter, I think you get 10% off your first order. I've also found discount codes at Amazing Ribs, Thermoworks, Traeger and some of the other grilling websites. Do a search for "Dino Ribs", if they are out, have them put you on the wait list.

I'm a BIG fan of Porter Road. Love that they do the esoteric cuts of beef that others don't do. Love me a Bavette or Denver steak. One of the few places where you can get a whole Picanha. 

The downside is that they are getting so popular, especially during the pandemic when more folks were cooking at home instead of going out, that it's difficult to get some of the more popular cuts at times. You can sign up to be notified when they have something you want back in stock, but you'd better be quick on the draw when you get the email notice or you'll miss out. 

I agree with you tony b. Not everyday you can find heart steak or Bavette at your local grocery store or meat market. I was contemplating an order a few days ago, but they were out of a lot of the stuff I was interested in.  I decided for my first order I’d wait until some of it was in stock to get one large enough for free shipping.  You are right about stuff going quick. Good info, thanks!

Gotta say that I think they've taken a step back. Most of their meats have been great, but we received some ground pork recently that was simply inedible -- tons of bone and gristle. Also not a fan of their sausages. 

Looking at the above, I think my recommendation would be to avoid "ground" meats and sausages, and stick with cuts.

Edited by Pequod
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/22/2021 at 11:51 AM, Pequod said:

Gotta say that I think they've taken a step back. Most of their meats have been great, but we received some ground pork recently that was simply inedible -- tons of bone and gristle. Also not a fan of their sausages. 

I too have a somewhat local meat market for my sausages. So, it is good to know here as well. Their prices are premium, unfortunate the stuff you ordered wasn’t top notch Pequod