1AL6

New KK on order

Well. It arrived. This thing is amazing. That’s not news to anyone on this forum though.  I do have a question: what am I doing wrong with this rotisserie? The drive shaft for the motor appears to be too long to allow me to get the bracket together.  I’m sure I’m doing something wrong here. Thanks for the help. 

4B31D74B-0E7A-4903-A4CA-8037B7CBCC3D.thumb.jpeg.fe7d1f1e4bc7d9d7f7176c22945f15a8.jpeg

Install the rotisserie bracket under/behind the table bracket. Or remove the table bracket. Either will work, I have mine under the table bracket just so I can keep it on all the time.

You’ll lose a score on the right for roto bracket but you don’t need it.

f2ae41aba9e7057c4dc3e0afb054c4cd.jpg
db91dc898c012598040408da9da77cd3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately that didn’t seem to fix my problem.  All the videos I’m seeing seem to show the drive shaft is spring loaded in the motor to compress and allow it to mount. Mine is definitely not spring loaded. Is the driveshaft itself compressible or does the motor allow a solid shaft to compress inside it?  Maybe I have the wrong shaft?  I’m not sure what’s going on here.  Thanks

7 minutes ago, 1AL6 said:

Thanks for the reply.  Unfortunately that didn’t seem to fix my problem.  All the videos I’m seeing seem to show the drive shaft is spring loaded in the motor to compress and allow it to mount. Mine is definitely not spring loaded. Is the driveshaft itself compressible or does the motor allow a solid shaft to compress inside it?  Maybe I have the wrong shaft?  I’m not sure what’s going on here.  Thanks

I would contact Dennis, he'll know for sure. Possible you got the wrong shaft or if there is something else wrong.

• Thanks 1

Sonos.jpeg

I'm a fellow 23" Ultimate owner. The KK is my charcoal burning oven with a lid. Tandoor, pizza, roast meats. I've fed barbecue to crowds of up to 100. At a certain scale the 32" would be handy, but I've always been happy with my 23". I'm actually not sure that I'd swap it for a 32" if I won the lottery, though I do understand the 32" appeal.

"Reverse sear" is just standard sous vide restaurant, in the local dialect. For quick grilling, such as after sous vide, or to roast peppers and salsa ingredients, or charmoula fish (shown) I always use a Solo Stove. Shown is a hybrid rig on a Harbor Freight cart, with a Breeo adjustable height grate.

Here's a forum thread: Solo Stove

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Syzygies said:

Sonos.jpeg

I'm a fellow 23" Ultimate owner. The KK is my charcoal burning oven with a lid. Tandoor, pizza, roast meats. I've fed barbecue to crowds of up to 100. At a certain scale the 32" would be handy, but I've always been happy with my 23". I'm actually not sure that I'd swap it for a 32" if I won the lottery, though I do understand the 32" appeal.

"Reverse sear" is just standard sous vide restaurant, in the local dialect. For quick grilling, such as after sous vide, or to roast peppers and salsa ingredients, or charmoula fish (shown) I always use a Solo Stove. Shown is a hybrid rig on a Harbor Freight cart, with a Breeo adjustable height grate.

Here's a forum thread: Solo Stove

Wow. Looks like you’ve got it figured out. Nice setup.