C6Bill

One Continuity Moored 5/5/21

4 hours ago, GrillnBrew said:

My grill is also on that boat.  Squeezed four racks of ribs on my Kamado Joe this morning and had to bend them to get the lid closed.  Hopefully my next rib cook won't be nearly as crowded!

and I bet the ribs will taste better too. :-D

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GrillnBrew said:

My grill is also on that boat.  Squeezed four racks of ribs on my Kamado Joe this morning and had to bend them to get the lid closed.  Hopefully my next rib cook won't be nearly as crowded!

GrillnBrew, I can now confirm that you will definitely not be “squeezing” or contorting four racks of ribs on what I recall was your 32 BB. Maybe so with 10 racks, but positively not four. For me, I am so glad I decided to go with the 32 over the 23. No regrets after finally seeing her. I think you said yours was autumn gold flake and not your first choice.  Mine too. Also not my first choice either, but it is absolutely beautiful.  Especially when the sun hits it and that gold flake pops.  And I agree with Mac, I bet they taste better too. You’re almost home!!  

• Like 3

On 5/8/2021 at 5:54 PM, C6Bill said:

Maybe some long time members would be able to give us an idea what to expect next, thanks in advance 😉

What happens next is that you give us a play-by-play, and we increase the anticipation by torturing you with all of the awesome cooks you're missing out on. <_<

Part of the hazing ritual. Soon enough you'll be on the other side. So plan those first cooks. :bounce:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

New to the forum and first post for me.  I have a Terra Blue 23 on that boat.  Loading up with some accessories and charcoal.  Kamado cooking is new to me, I've been 2 zone charcoal grilling my whole life.  I did not have the space for the 32, but the 23 is larger than what I'm used to cooking on...anyone use a Portable Kitchen cast aluminum grill before (nice rectangular shape for indirect heat)?  Now I need to learn a whole new world of cooking!

• Like 1

Just got my 32" last Thursday, May 6. It took a while with all the COVID/ shipping issues, but like all good things, it was worth the wait.

Here's a video I shot of the uncrating process. 

https://youtu.be/1M2kTR8VP_g

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, BigO said:

Just got my 32" last Thursday, May 6. It took a while with all the COVID/ shipping issues, but like all good things, it was worth the wait.

Here's a video I shot of the uncrating process. 

https://youtu.be/1M2kTR8VP_g

This is an amazing video, thanks forit! Are you going to do one when you do your burn in too?

• Thanks 1

Great video and gorgeous grill,  good to have a delivery guy who took it to your backyard, makes it less stressful.  Mine is going to have to go around the house and down a hill to its final resting place, hopefully with enough brawn and a few sheets of plywood, it won't be too bad.

On the plus side, One Continuity has changed locations at the dock, so hopefully she is being unloaded now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrillnBrew said:

On the plus side, One Continuity has changed locations at the dock, so hopefully she is being unloaded now.

Oh wow I wonder when it did that.. when it moored before I stopped checking on it since I assumed it would be an update dark period until they arrived at the warehouse. Hopefully you are right and it is progress

Thanks all for the positive comments. @Jadeite I did record a video of my first burn in and venting. I think that's good content for new owners because even though its not a big deal, it sounds scary. I plan to continue recording vids of my experience. Please post questions, comments, it's all for the betterment of our little community. I do point back to the KomodoKamado.com website as this is THE place to learn more.

• Like 2