Troble

New cookbook alert

I like the show Top Chef and it’s really the thing that pushed me to start trying to elevate my cooking. I binged watched the first 2 seasons over a couple days while staying with my then girlfriends family in South Africa back in 2008 and from that long on I’ve watched every season and it’s always inspired me to try new recipes or learn mew techniques at home 

one of my favorite chefs all time from that show was Gregory who does a lot of southeast Asian style healthy cooking. He just released his first cookbook and i received my copy the other day abs holy smokes am I excited. It could be because it’s very timely and that I happen to be in a period where I’m actively looking to Jeff up (no pun intended) my vegetable, sides & salad game or the fact that I’m increasingly finding a need to serve vegan dishes for at least one guest, but I found at least 20 recipes plus in his book that I am genuinely excited to try. There also some great poultry and meat dishes and the photography is visually stunning. I’m extremely excited to add this to my collection and try out a lot of these.

I love southeastern Asian cooking and have been Thinking about how I haven’t made my red & green Thai curry pastes in 4-5 years, was planning on doing that sometime soon anyways. I make red & green pastes and store them in containers, vacuum seal it and they are amazing for a quick meal full of flavor 

anyways check out his book if you’re into that type of thing 

Everyone's Table: Global Recipes... https://www.amazon.com/dp/0062984519?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

0AA1AEB6-55A7-48E9-9289-0EDF994D1096.jpeg

Edited by Troble
  • Like 4

Wow, both authors wear their glasses better than I'd be able to pull off. 😎

I'm normally profoundly suspicious of the current trend that one needs a successful blog or other social media presence to get a cookbook published. These are generally not the people I want to learn from. However, Gourdet got his start working with Jean-Georges Vongerichten, whose NYC Asian fusion restaurants are spectacular.

The Joule sous vide website features some recipes of Gourdet's, for those who like to get a read on an author before buying a book:

Three Asian Grilling Classics Reimagined, With Gregory Gourdet

The Char Siu pork tenderloin, sous vide, looks like he's ahead of me on something I've been trying to figure out. I'll try it. I'll probably finish over the Solo Stove.

Edited by Syzygies
  • Like 3