mstang1988

Transporting 32BB from front yard to back

I have a ground level raised deck (2 steps up) in the backyard I’ll be putting my BB on.  It is engineered to support the weight so no concerns there (I did the engineering and build). How did you transport yours to it’s destination once you got it?  Do you roll it on wheels?  Did you use a pallet jack?  Dolly?  I’m assuming I’m going to need to make ramps up to the destination.  

Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the obsession. I’m also a new 32” BB owner.

I have a crushed granite walk that goes from the back alley (I live in downtown Indianapolis) to the patio. I had 2 sheets of plywood ready at delivery. Was prepared to uncrate and roll (leap frogging the plywood). But I lucked out, the driver had a powered pallet jack and took the crate to the back on the plywood leaving the crate in perfect position to roll the 32” KK from the crate onto the patio.

Here’s a video I shot of the process, may help you prepare. I do think a ramp is a good idea, but no experience with that challenge.

I have a ground level raised deck (2 steps up) in the backyard I’ll be putting my BB on.  It is engineered to support the weight so no concerns there (I did the engineering and build). How did you transport yours to it’s destination once you got it?  Do you roll it on wheels?  Did you use a pallet jack?  Dolly?  I’m assuming I’m going to need to make ramps up to the destination.  

Mstang you can do this crated or uncreated depending on your access to a jack. I kept mine crated as the delivery man had the jack and he wasn’t hanging around for me to uncrate it( this is a mission that will take a few hours).
Yes to a ply ramp, however, you will need to reinforce under the ply to stop it from bowing and then slipping.
I stack my stairs with logs then wedged more timber under the ply ramp. You may have other products available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 5/19/2021 at 1:14 PM, Basher said:

Mstang you can do this crated or uncreated depending on your access to a jack. I kept mine crated as the delivery man had the jack and he wasn’t hanging around for me to uncrate it( this is a mission that will take a few hours).
Yes to a ply ramp, however, you will need to reinforce under the ply to stop it from bowing and then slipping.
I stack my stairs with logs then wedged more timber under the ply ramp. You may have other products available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks like the fence is going to have to come down for me to get this to my backyard.  If I'm doing this I'm probably going to just get a fork lift to do all of the work.