Buzilo

My new digs, two months finally ready!

5 hours ago, Buzilo said:

Yes decided to keep it

A 21 and a 42 - a great combination.  How do you decide which to use and do you divide up the fire basket in the 42 or burn a full basket every time?  I am feeling my way with the extra space in my 32 trying to decide if I keep it in two zone configuration for most of the time or not.  

A 21 and a 42 - a great combination.  How do you decide which to use and do you divide up the fire basket in the 42 or burn a full basket every time?  I am feeling my way with the extra space in my 32 trying to decide if I keep it in two zone configuration for most of the time or not.  

I’ll weigh in on this one. No 42 for me tekobo, but I’ve found that I don’t use the splitter much in my 32. I just load it up and light it. If I need two zone for a good reverse sear, veggie cook, etc., I mostly haven’t bothered with the splitter, I just load up one side of the basket, light it up and go…I have a feeling that will quickly become the norm for me unless I am grilling for a larger number than 2-4 because I might need more precision in my zone management. It probably not quite as fuel efficient as using the splitter but I’m not one to put the extra squeeze on my char use unless I’m running low.

And great space buzillo! I’d probably never leave the house with that in my backyard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, BOC said:

I mostly haven’t bothered with the splitter, I just load up one side of the basket, light it up and go…I have a feeling that will quickly become the norm for me unless I am grilling for a larger number than 2-4

Thanks @BOC.  It never occurred to me not to use the splitter!  Still not sure if my tidy gene will allow me to do that regularly but I will give it a try very soon.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/24/2021 at 10:24 AM, tekobo said:

Sorry for the delay, I use the 42 for pizzas, slow cooks like butts, or big cuts. I use the 21 the rest of the time but I love both. 

• Thanks 1