Lila

New member - just bought 16" BB and 21" Supreme

Welcome Lila.  There is a handful of us who had grills on the ship that docked about three weeks ago, and now we're all waiting on our delivery days.  I spend more than a few minutes each day reading both the new and older posts.  Lots of information on here, and it is also interesting to see how the KK has evolved the last several years, many of the improvements are the direct result of suggestions from members that Dennis has implemented into new designs. Though I have never seen one in person, I believe I have made a pretty good investment.

• Like 1

Welcome aboard and congrats Lila.  I’m really new and have only done a few cooks on my 32BB since I received it 3 weeks ago.  I admit I was just a little apprehensive at first about the whole purchase. But I can say without hesitation, I am thrilled I took the plunge. The advice you get on this forum from so many gracious owners is so helpful. Pretty sure you will be blown away. Looking forward to pics. 

• Like 1

Thanks all for the warm welcome!  I only hope that my husband loves them too (I sort of surprised him with these purchases 😇).  

The BB will be bronze metallic and the 21" in cobalt pebble.  I will definitely upload pics.  I should be getting the BB delivered tomorrow.  I'm a bit scared about the stairs and carrying it through the house to get to the backyard but will make it happen.

Looking forward to sharing cooks.  Has anyone made meats gyro-style on a vertical skewer?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Lila said:

Thanks all for the warm welcome!  I only hope that my husband loves them too (I sort of surprised him with these purchases 😇).  

T

Looking forward to sharing cooks.  Has anyone made meats gyro-style on a vertical skewer?

For me, it would be an overwhelming and very welcome surprise.

There are some threads on cooking with vertical skewers, I posted about the Trompo King which triggered replies with other options for vertical cooking.  I'm marinating my chicken now for a shwarma cook tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GrillnBrew said:

There are some threads on cooking with vertical skewers, I posted about the Trompo King which triggered replies with other options for vertical cooking.  I'm marinating my chicken now for a shwarma cook tomorrow.

Great!  I will look for the threads.  Thanks!

On 6/2/2021 at 8:50 PM, Lila said:

What fun!  Welcome Lila.  I hope that you and your husband love your new KKs when they arrive.