C6Bill

The BB32 is up and running !!!

In a total of 2 and a half hours the KK made it from my garage to the back yard and into place with a fire working it's way up to 500 for the venting process. I can't believe how easy the whole process is. Dennis sure makes it simple !!!! I did it by myself but my nephew did stop in for a minute to help me roll it off the skid.

I started with a BGE about 8 or 9 years ago and within a couple years graduated to a Primo XL. But were excellent cookers but they just don't compare to the KK. I moved the Primo into the pictures just for comparison's sake in case someone is curious. The Tuscan Chef Pizza oven will stay but the Primo leaves tomorrow, my nephew will put it to good use ;) 

The supervisor approved of my work, then went back in to sleep on the couch, way too hot out there for her lol

IMG_2146.jpeg

IMG_2149.jpeg

IMG_2160.jpeg

IMG_2158.jpeg

IMG_2157.jpeg

64460497569__C31584D5-742B-4208-9ECD-0E5D63CD6E34.jpeg

IMG_2151.jpeg

Edited by C6Bill
rearranging photos
  • Like 12

33 minutes ago, Basher said:

Beautiful looking KK Bill.
I didn’t realise how similar in shape the domes of the primo and KK are.
Well done.
What are you going to cook? Don’t waste the heat from the burn in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I wasn’t sure that I would be able to get it in place today so I’m not really prepared to do any cooking. but tomorrow I will spatchcock a couple chickens while getting comfortable with temp control. Then next week I will stuff it with pork butts and the week after brisket 😁

• Like 2

No bulging but there was plenty of smell lol

I ended up having enough fuel for 4 hours at 500. It is winding down now but I saw no signs of any bulging at all. I’ll check it in the morning and will probably do a second 500+ venting just to be sure. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, C6Bill said:

No bulging but there was plenty of smell lol

I ended up having enough fuel for 4 hours at 500. It is winding down now but I saw no signs of any bulging at all. I’ll check it in the morning and will probably do a second 500+ venting just to be sure. 

If there is a smell I'm guessing (from everything I've read) there was venting SOMEWHERE.. just have to find out if it came from a small crack/pinhole somewhere. Sounds like you did great though, I'd probably do the second venting myself just in case too :D 

I believe it would smell regardless of there being any cracks or holes but I’m guessing Dennis is the only one who could answer that for sure. But I’ll do it again anyways , and if a dozen sausages or a couple chickens fall inside while I’m doing it tomorrow it will be a good day 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Congratulations!  It looks great.  

I am getting seriously impatient.  Frontline freight still has mine, somewhere in Massachusetts according to the last tracking info.  There were delays in the Midwest.  Hopefully, I’ll get the scheduling phone call early this week.  Now that I’ve stopped working remotely, the only delivery day that works for me is Friday - unless they can bring it at 6PM one evening.  Wish I had that Kubota!!

• Like 2

The local rental place stopped at my house before sending it out on another rental. They showed up exactly when they said they would and moved it for me, I love dealing with small local businesses :) 

and while trying to vent it again today I made me a little lunch !!!!!😋

003F4192-E16F-43CD-B8EA-6086F5BC583E.jpeg

• Like 5

Great looking grill, can't get over the size of those grates, and I like you added the comparison with the Primo.  Primo XL was one I was considering when I decided I needed more room, seeing the two side by side there is no comparison and I think I made the right choice.  Looks like @braindoc and I will be the last ones cooking from those who had grills in this shipment, though I haven't scheduled delivery, it should show up this week.

Thanks, I am really enjoying the KK. I hope the rest of you get your’s delivered soon !!!! The uncrating was really easy, one thing to keep in mind is to have a razor knife handy and  use it to cut the included crowbar loose from inside the crate. Not that it is really needed but you’ll want to save the slats with the company logo on them. Then start up top by removing the screws to take the ramp off the top and then I used an impact driver with a socket to remove the bolts that secure the crate to the skid. Two people can easily lift the crate off at that point, or remove one side and one person can remove it. Then just untie the blue ropes and cut the yellow straps and remove the wood chalks that keep it in place and roll that bad boy right off 😁

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 1