Tomatillo

What are these for, and how are they used? Thanks!

Hi all,

I don't know what these are or how they are used.  Can anyone help?

It appears they hang from the two holes on the sides of the side table brackets.  However, when I attempt to utilize them that way, I can see a portion of them resting directly against the tile, which I believe would crack them, so I just put them aside for now.

Help?

Picture attached.

Thanks,

Tom

IMG_9398.jpg

I don't know if they work this way on a grill with side tables (I don't have them), but you can also hang racks off them. I typically don't as a storage option, as the cover won't go on it with them there, but if I need to move a rack out of the way for a brief period, they come in handy for that. 

I appreciate the fast replies!  What a great forum.

My concern is, if I hang them the way I believe intended, the horizontal crossmember will rest directly on the tiles.  I'd love to see pics of this installed, just to be certain.  Dennis has protected those tiles where stainless weight-bearing pieces meet tiles, by using a rubber backing.  If these pieces are intended to hold the weight of a rack, without some sort of cushioning, that would be counter to provisions elsewhere in his designs.

I don't want it to be a facepalm situation ....  Whoops!

Thanks all.

Well, live and learn. I just went and took a picture of mine and it's vastly different than the ones in your picture. Yours must be specially made for use with the side tables. Mine has a solid plate on the back that you attached directly to the grill using the hex bolts.

1447652791_GrateHanger.thumb.jpg.507e7469802f2550ae9517316486d23a.jpg

• Like 2

Tomatillo they clip onto the side bracket like headphones with the hooks facing out. You will see two holes in the side bracket facing front and back.
Yes a part of this bracket will rest against the tiles and yes it for hanging some tools on- tongs, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Basher said:

Tomatillo they clip onto the side bracket like headphones with the hooks facing out. You will see two holes in the side bracket facing front and back.
Yes a part of this bracket will rest against the tiles and yes it for hanging some tools on- tongs, etc.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I was unpacking yesterday and could not figure this out.  Duh!!

One of these is much stiffer than the other.  Had a bit of trouble getting it into those holes on the side bracket.

Just started the burn-in.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Basher said:

Thanks Basher!  To hold tongs but not racks?  They would be too heavy for that weight concentrated on that small area of the tiles, I would assume.

Gosh, I really love this grill!  I've yet to had one disappointment!  Every cook has turned out fantastic!

• Like 1

On 6/12/2021 at 3:35 PM, Basher said:

It appears to be exactly that!  Thanks, Tom.

Correct, the side tables hang from their mounting brackets with the hooks already on the underside of the side tables. These hooks are just for hanging tools. I only installed the one on the left hand side as the one on the right side interfered with the rotisserie motor.  I can’t be bothered taking it off and putting it back on to use the rotisserie.

I was also confused by theses brackets Tom.  In my case, I have a 32 BB, I wanted to leave the side tables in the down position hanging from the mounting brackets when I was not using them.  But these brackets prevented me from doing that because the shorter hooked ends were to long and interfered with the table hanging hooks. So basically, I could either use these brackets or store the side tables down, but couldn’t do both.  So I cut the shorter hooked ends down to 1 1/2” and bent them up slightly to keep things from sliding off. Now I’m able to have a little extra utensil storage space and store my tables.  Incidentally, I used a little of the dense foam that was in the shipping crate and cut a couple of pieces to put behind the bracket to keep the metal off the tiles. I notched each piece so the metal would seat itself to keep it from falling off.  Guess I’ll just slip it off when I do high heat cooks. 

• Like 1

It takes literally 2 seconds to install and remove the side table hangers.. Simply pull the front towards you a 1/4" until the tip pulls out of the hole. swing it out and toss it on the main grate.  Done..  Installs just like a doctors stethoscope..
That makes hanging the side tables in the stored position a 5-8 second job requiring no tools.. 
No where on this planet can two items occupy the same location.. in this hangers situation, people act like this is a design flaw..

;-)  ;-) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 10:48 AM, Tomatillo said:

I can see a portion of them resting directly against the tile, which I believe would crack them

No danger of cracking a tile..  remember these are the exact same tiles used in a pool deck, stairs and kitchen counters.
They are VERY strong and durable..

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Dono said:

I was also confused by theses brackets Tom.  In my case, I have a 32 BB, I wanted to leave the side tables in the down position hanging from the mounting brackets when I was not using them.  But these brackets prevented me from doing that because the shorter hooked ends were to long and interfered with the table hanging hooks. So basically, I could either use these brackets or store the side tables down, but couldn’t do both.  So I cut the shorter hooked ends down to 1 1/2” and bent them up slightly to keep things from sliding off. Now I’m able to have a little extra utensil storage space and store my tables.  Incidentally, I used a little of the dense foam that was in the shipping crate and cut a couple of pieces to put behind the bracket to keep the metal off the tiles. I notched each piece so the metal would seat itself to keep it from falling off.  Guess I’ll just slip it off when I do high heat cooks. 

Thanks!  I'm still a neophyte at this stuff and, to me, the name side table hangers meant something from which to hang the side tables, perhaps having them slide out farther or something.  I didn't see any info showing them installed and in use.  Now I know, and I can happily hang tongs, forks, spatulas from my side table tool holders!  Another convenient feature I'm glad to have.

7 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

No danger of cracking a tile..  remember these are the exact same tiles used in a pool deck, stairs and kitchen counters.
They are VERY strong and durable..

Though I've never raised children, I imagine myself acting like a new parent with the first child!  Judging by my question about something as simple as hanging tools from a bracket ... had I been a parent, I probably would have wrapped the first kid in bubble wrap, and made him wear a helmet.   

Thanks for the explanation, Dennis, and others.

Tom

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

That makes hanging the side tables in the stored position a 5-8 second job requiring no tools.. 
No where on this planet can two items occupy the same location.. in this hangers situation, people act like this is a design flaw..

;-)  ;-) 

Well, if you or anyone else interpreted that from my post, it was never my intention to imply a design flaw, Dennis.  I just didn’t want to be setting the beautiful teak table tops you created on the concrete while I pulled those brackets off for storing them.  I have no other convenient place to set them during that process. It just happens to work better for me and was just personal preference. Thanks for clarifying. 😊