1 hour ago, GrillnBrew said:

Lookin' good!  I haven't done my burn in yet, was going to do it Monday, but I saw where it was taking people 10-12 hours, so figured I would wait until I could start early and commit a whole day to it.  Keeping it low and slow until then.

Wow 10-12 hours? Hmm might be a pork butt kind of wknd then. 

On 6/12/2021 at 1:49 PM, LudicrousSpeed said:

Greetings from Atlanta! 

We just received our BB 32 in a type of Speckled Glass Blue. This thing arrived well packaged for sure! Couple questions about getting it off the pallet and moving it in general. I understand the crate lid also serves as a ramp to get the grill off of the crate. The grill weighs ~918 pounds once you take all the grates out so am wondering what's a good strategy for getting the grill down the ramp without it taking off? Do you just surround it with four dudes and ease it down?

Second question is about moving it down a slope. This is going from the garage down the side of the house which in on a decent downward slope and into the backyard. I've measured and the BB will fit through the side gate. We have a crew working on some hardscape atm and they've graciously said they'd help move it! The hardscape crew has this nifty machine (pic included) that they use to haul dirt, crusher, pavers, etc. up and down the side of the house and have laid down thick plywood to facilitate. This mini-bobcat thing has mounting rings for a hoist/strap and that's the second question - what do I put around the BB and attach to those mounting rings? I know what I need - a heavy-duty strap of some kind that I can put around the BB attached to a chain that I can connect to those mounting rings, but what is that called? Any advice? 

IMG_20210610_190820.jpg

IMG_20210612_131840.jpg

IMG_20210612_131905.jpg

IMG_20210612_131826.jpg

Some tips from my experience with my 32". Agree with all the comments Ive seen here.

• Like 1