braindoc

Some what am I looking at questions

They are both related to the same thing, the potential addition of the gas burner accessory. The door is for the burner to go into the grill and those four holes is where the burner would connect to the bottom of the KK so it doesn't move around. If you don't have that burner the head shield is locked down by those wingnuts so you don't lose any air that way.

No that rack is if you want to use the heat deflectors. There should be two other pieces that slip into the notches on the charcoal basket and then that rack snaps on top of it.

The reducer is another assembly (which you have most of the pieces of in that other photo).

I did not fully unwrap the heat deflectors - there are 4.  Two are rectangular, two have a half-moon curve.  I haven’t seen any other pieces that would slip into notches on the charcoal basket.  Could those be wrapped up with the deflectors??   Maybe this is all academic since I’ve decided to follow the advice on these forums and go without deflectors.  After a dozen years with a BGE I hope to make the transition without too much trouble.

Here is a better photo with everything in the charcoal basket reducer package.

Apart from instructions, is anything missing?

And thanks for taking the time on a Sunday afternoon.  Much appreciated.

image.jpg

1 hour ago, braindoc said:

Jadeite:

I’ll look at that again tomorrow when I’m feeling fresher.  This has been a very busy day.

Grendel has been at about 550F for a couple of hours.  So far no tiles popped.

I did my burn in on Friday.. whole process on my 42" took about 11 hours (I took 3ish hours to come to 550). All went smooth!

• Like 1