DannyG

New to me KK23

Hi, 

Happy to say that I am a proud owner of a used KK23 which I acquired late last year. However, the grill needed some serious TLC and with me being in college, repairs and cooking were to be delayed. Having finished my degree, I spent the spring getting the KK running again and started doing small test cooks using what I think is called the upper grate (actually sitting down in the firebox). Being used, the KK was missing a couple of important items, namely the main and lower sear grates. I thought about purchasing the grates, but I have another grill I can cook normal things on like burgers and steaks. So, I decided to setup the KK for rotisserie cooking. I purchased the roto kit from Dennis and had my first real cook on Saturday. I have turned three chickens since. Each one better than the last. At least my fan club thinks so 🙂

Thanks,

DannyG

Complete KK first cook.jpg

Edited by DannyG
  • Like 11

Awesome @DannyG.  I agree that you can do a lot with the upper grate sat on the firebox and even your "normal" cooks likes burgers and steaks will benefit.  The other grates are good when you want to go low and slow (main grate for me, sometimes with firebox splitter) and hot and fast (upper grate - plain for chicken and with pizza stone for bread and pizza).  No rush, you have a world of fun to explore and I expect you will build your KK repertoire over time.

• Like 2