johnnymnemonic

After over a decade of desire, I finally ordered my KK

Delivery estimate is 11/2. I'm going to see if I can get it Friday November 5 when I have a day off and I have some people around to help me get the thing uncrated.  I will take lots of pictures and share here.  If the crew I am hanging with is up for it, I can set up a google meet and let forum people join.  Not to steal @tekobo's thunder.  Your grill arrival was incredible, Tekobo.  Anyway - I will advise next week when it's getting close.

Edited by johnnymnemonic
  • Like 6

On 10/25/2021 at 9:05 AM, johnnymnemonic said:

Delivery estimate is 11/2. I'm going to see if I can get it Friday November 5 when I have a day off and I have some people around to help me get the thing uncrated.  I will take lots of pictures and share here.  If the crew I am hanging with is up for it, I can set up a google meet and let forum people join.  Not to steal @tekobo's thunder.  Your grill arrival was incredible, Tekobo.  Anyway - I will advise next week when it's getting close.

Bad news, dude. Here's your cargo ship. Looks like they're already using your KK to feed the crew!

2019_11_14_82390_1573731654._large.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

it's not just the ports.  The ATL unloading terminal is overwhelmed as well.  KK been sitting waiting for unload at terminal since friday.  I pulled this status report this morning.  It's still saying terminal arrival 11/1 and delivery date wednesday, but there's no way.  Anyway I hope it can get here by Friday the 5th.  If not, got to change some plans.  Lord only knows when my original order would have gotten to me. Original order was a 32. I got a 42 in an earlier shipment that had been cancelled.  At least this way I'll have it by Christmas.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 8.13.39 AM.png

• Sad 2

@PoochieMine got off the ship over 3 weeks ago.  I bet the 32 you have could be the one I originally ordered.  Is it matte black pebble?  If not, it's someone else's cancellation not mine.  Anyway, my story is, I ended up getting a 42" in matte black pebble that someone decided not to get in the shipment ahead of mine, so Dennis was able to sell mine to someone else - maybe you!  Anyway - you're on the boat I was originally supposed to be on.

The stuff I posted above was from the ground freight people and the unloading terminal referenced is in Atlanta.  It was stuck waiting to be unloaded from Friday until today - and I just got the call.

My delivery date is tomorrow! 

I will be un-crating the serious bad boy on Friday!  I will send many pics over the weekend and/or monday - I have friends coming over to celebrate over the weekend so I may not start posting until then.

I was going to maybe have a google meet or something, but since the Braves won the world series, the city has canceled schools for the parade so I'm stuck with my children at home all day.  I probably won't take the time to set all that up for the un-crating with them under-foot but I will take pictures.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations! I didn't get yours because mine is a cobalt blue pebble. Let those kids help you uncrate. They'll love hiding stuff from you. 

On another note, my ship is docked but I won't be getting mine until around Thanksgiving. But that works for me. Looking forward to seeing the un-crating photos!