Aperopat

My KK Is on his way

This morning I got the call from the transporter that my Ultimate 23 is arriving 2-3 days….

After a couple of years of dreaming I would finally be able to cook on that beauty!

Can anyone indicate me a topic or a link where is described how break in in the right manner in order to condition it at best?

br

Patrik

• Like 3

First of all, congrats!

Second you should have received an email from Dennis with an owner's manual. Everything in there will tell you exactly what to do. If you haven't received it send Dennis and email and he'll forward it to you and also include your forum name so you can get into the Owner's Area of the forum. Lots more info there too!

• Like 1

I just got back from holiday (never been so happy btw🤣)…. And I finally vented my new KK…

everything went fine… I got 6-7 venting spots and with some minor bubbling as everyone  on the previous topics/review/videos mentioned.

I also experienced two minor “grout and tiles swallows” that I solved gently but firmly pushing it back before cooling after helping venting with a needle…

now I just need to regrout the venting points with the grout in the kit…

I read that after regrouting ppl use a grout sealer.
Being located in Switzerland I need to find an equivalent product of those you use in the US.

Can someone please indicate me what product are you using? So I can find a similar here in Switzerland.

best regards

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Aperopat said:

I read that after regrouting ppl use a grout sealer.
Being located in Switzerland I need to find an equivalent product of those you use in the US.

I didn't use a grout sealer after regrouting.. I don't believe it mentions needing it in the owner's manual either. It is literally fill the cracks/holes, let dry and clean up after. No sealing needed since it isn't traditional grout.