Kosh

Santorini has landed in Scottsdale

At last after 4 years of planning, my Cobalt Pebble 32" has arrived in Scottsdale, AZ

Her name is "Santorini" after the Island in Greece.

It is much prettier, larger and heavier than I imagined but it got here!

I have a bit of an up hill across gravel so my handyman suggested renting a crane.  It was the right idea!

I'm doing a burn in now and it really holds temp. I was worried about run away but if you sneak up on it and take notes, its pretty easy.

Thanks to Dennis for his hard work!

unnamed-3.jpg

unnamed-2.jpg

unnamed.jpg

• Like 6

Pretty AWESOME stuff Kosh.  Hopefully Santorini was worth the wait. Many congratulations!!  I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed my BB32.  I’m sure you are going to lover her. Looking forward to some cook pics. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 9:39 AM, Kosh said:

I have a bit of an up hill across gravel so my handyman suggested renting a crane.  It was the right idea.

That could be the first crane I've seen used for delivery. Give it a few years, you'll rent it again for getting back out of the pool... :wacko:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Syzygies said:

That could be the first crane I've seen used for delivery. Give it a few years, you'll rent it again for getting back out of the pool... :wacko:

Don't listen to him, I've had my KKs for years and have only eaten better tasting food and not added any pounds. :-D :smt077

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, tony b said:

buy the bigger belt size now

I don't wear a belt, after scratching my Dad's guitar with the buckle. One of my many lessons that adults were idiots; belts are nothing but trouble.

I'm on the same waist size for 30 years. But yes, some degree of moderation is called for, actually easier because the food is so good.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tekobo said:

Great solution.  No belt notches to bear witness to one's expanding waistline. 

I have to wear a belt because suspenders are irritating and my pants will fall down otherwise. They used to be prone to falling due to my belly pushing them down but since I've lost 40 lbs, they fall down because they're too loose; I'm not buying new pants until I'm done with the weight loss program even though it's stalled lately.

i solved the belt notch issue by getting a grip6 belt: https://grip6.com/

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, jeffshoaf said:

since I've lost 40 lbs

Well done!  I'm jealous.  I am working out and getting fitter but haven't worked on reducing what goes in my mouth.  I might have to settle for my rude but good friend's description of me - "you are the fittest fat person I know".  Cheeky or what??

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, tekobo said:

Well done!  I'm jealous.  I am working out and getting fitter but haven't worked on reducing what goes in my mouth.  I might have to settle for my rude but good friend's description of me - "you are the fittest fat person I know".  Cheeky or what??

Two things that directly lead to my weight loss:

• I retired. When working, i had a long time between breakfast and lunch and was always very hungry at lunch so I ate too early and too much at lunch.  I was then very hungry again at dinner and i are too much then as well as getting take-out too often. I'm sleeping later now which shortens the time between breakfast and lunch so I'm eating less at lunch so i have one "real" meal each day instead of two.
  • I used Noom which helped me with portion control and better balance in my meals; it also helped with strategies for dealing with different circumstances that can lead to overeating.

I have some pretty serious back and neck issues as well as severe sleep apnea; i hoped losing weight would help with bit of these but it hasn't. i do feel a bit better overall though and I'm moving better. I'm dreading having to refresh my wardrobe tho - really don't like shopping for clothes.

I did make an amazing discovery - losing weight has improved my vision! I'm can now see body parts i hadn't seen in years!

• Like 3
  • Haha 6