Troble

Non KK cooks

4 minutes ago, David Chang said:

@tekobo wow the allegro is the big one. look forward to seeing your setup and cooks. 

I had an itch for a 42 KK.  This wood fired oven has helped to scratch that itch.  Enjoying it so far and am happy with the clean up - just normal kitchen size dishes and sweeping up some ash.  Winner alongside my existing kit.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Poochie said:

Are you burning oak in it? I'm pretty sure I'd get the wood burning version of a pizza over too.  The one David bought has the room I want in one. I need to look up the Allegro too.  So many toys to admire.

a 4 pizze alfa would be ideal if you are looking for wood burning. it's actually bigger than my brio but smaller than the allegro. 

if space and permanence is not an issue, i would go for a full refractory pizza oven. i only got the alfa because it was the maximum weight and size i could manage to hand carry up stairs. same reason i got a 19 TT, can't bring any bigger up the roof..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/8/2022 at 12:24 AM, Poochie said:

Are you burning oak in it? I'm pretty sure I'd get the wood burning version of a pizza over too.  The one David bought has the room I want in one. I need to look up the Allegro too.  So many toys to admire.

From what I have read so far, oak is what you need to get the heat up and beech for a bit of flavour.  At the moment I have a stack of mixed wood to get through but will order some named logs for my next delivery to try out.  I watched this video when I was trying to decide which sort of wood fired oven to get.  I went for the Allegro because it heats up quickly and so uses comparatively less wood per cook.  You don't get the heat retention of more traditional ovens but I figured that I get that from my  KKs. 

Edited by tekobo
  • Like 3