Troble

Non KK cooks

3 hours ago, jonj said:

Thanks to the KK shopping network, I ordered an Alfa 4 Pizze last week. Thanks for the advice @tekobo

congrats. 4 pizze is nice a big for 4 pizzas (12"?) but i could never juggle that many. not screwing up 1 pizza is enough already..

consider subscribing to this gentleman on youtube..

https://www.youtube.com/c/TheWoodFiredOvenChef/videos

@Poochie, I ordered the 4 Pizze with the integral stand, as it comes crated vertically and it can be rolled off the pallet just as our KKs can. I saw the video you described and it was part of my decision process. I then found a great video which showed unboxing the integrated stand version, which sealed the deal for me (I tried to just post the link but somehow the video is below instead - sorry).

I like the radiused front deck of the stand model better, but between the higher cost of a separate stand (I need it mobile on my patio) and the problem of finding a bunch of strapping lads to get it around to the back of the house and on a stand required just too much effort. Art unfortunately had to take second place to Functionality in this case.

I initially looked at BBQ Guys, but instead ordered it from BBQ Authority in Illinois, which had much better customer service reviews. Same price basically between the two.

• Like 2

I had no idea they'd ship in on the stand...or that particular stand. That saves a tremendous amount of gut busting and lifting. I wonder if their other ovens come on the stand when you order them. I would guess not. I can't wait to see your oven unboxed and ready to fire up your first pizza. Best of luck to you.

• Like 1