Troble

Non KK cooks

17 hours ago, jeffshoaf said:

plus the guys got a box to play in.

Cats love boxes for some odd reason. Dogs couldn't care less - well, my dog Buddy would like to chew on the flaps! 😄

@tekobo - hear yah! No grilling here this week. Blizzard starting tomorrow evening. Temps dropping below Zero (F) and crazy winds to go with the 6 - 10 inches of snow that's predicted. Bah, Humbug!  

Edited by tony b
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, tekobo said:

KK shopping channel strikes again!  The combination of this ninja piece of kit being a grill, a dehydrator and an air fryer is very tempting.  Will you be trying its capabilities as an air fryer @jeffshoaf?  More reports of how you get on using this will be very gratefully received. 

I will be trying the air fryer capabilities. I've avoided the air fryer temptation mainly due to space limitations and already having a convection oven but a recent coffee maker upgrade will be freeing up some storage space and I'll be able to rotate some gadgets from storage to counter top as needed. There are several things that I like that I rarely fix due to them not being worth the clean-up effort (French fries, etc.) but are prime candidates for air frying; this week's visit to the grocery store will be interesting.

Speaking of the new coffee maker, I need to start a thread on that too...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A dozen Chook thighs
e972f7e227bdd1dcc917ae7ce3ac728c.jpg
These Parilla grills are so much fun to cook on.
Light the fire, crack a beer, store the food up high on the rack for some smoke and gentle warming. When the flames die down, drop the grill down low for searing.
b431f1d8f427c59d89dfbfb71038490a.jpg
The theatre is very relaxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Hi @Basher. I tried to use my Argentinian grill the other night. Really struggled to get the wood fire going properly and there was a lot of smoke.  Gave up and cooked the steak in the KK.  I do love the Argentinian grill for the way it drains fat away from the fire but I need to get back into the rhythm of building a good wood fire.  

@jeffshoaf thanks for doing the research.  Keen to see your next try at the fries.  It's not a cheap piece of kit so will want to be sure it does fries well too before investing.  

• Like 1

I have had an air fryer for  while, courtesy of the KK shopping channel.  I am very happy with it but it does have the drawback that it has a rotating arm that tends to squish more delicate items.  This ninja's extra functions could work well for me as I am looking for something for the apartment that we are buying in Italy.   Kit will need to be multi functional and an air fryer/"smokeless" grill/dehydrator looks like an attractive option.  

• Like 3

Nice looking piece of meat and plenty of it. Coincidentally back in the late 80's I had a cooker very similar to the one you have preparing your meats on that restaurant table.. It's called the Burton Stove Top Grill, and to make it even more coincidental I just saw a brand new one at a 2nd hand store for sale. I imagine there featuring a can of Sterno under that or was it gas you were cooking on. That place must have caught your eye instantly, the last time I remember doing my own cooking was at some place out in Colorado preparing my own hamburger, I like your selection better . Enjoy your stay

• Like 1