Troble

Non KK cooks

You took the words right of my mouth, absolutely, it pairs well with everything and it taste good too.  Hope they fix this computer glitch, it's like being at a magic show but all the tricks are played on you.   Speak of the devil, the last trick was amazing.

Edited by Tyrus
  • Haha 1

I had a little bit more time than normal to cook lunch the other day.  I beat up a pork chop, breaded it with Panko breadcrumbs before frying in butter and serving with black pudding and stir fry broccoli with oyster sauce.  Yum.  

image.thumb.jpeg.156411415223d92f51355e3d01fc8f23.jpeg

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Tyrus said:

Would that be blood pudding by any chance of a different name? It was called Kaszanka and I remember the stout good taste it had, but I liked it with a taste of ketchup. Try it

Yes, black pudding is what blood pudding gets called in the UK.  There is a corresponding white pudding which is traditionally made with “lights” (pig lungs and other offal), groats and a nice touch of white pepper and spices like nutmeg.  Both delicious. 

P.S.  I like ketchup but it would be sacrilege to mask the taste of the black or white pudding with that strong taste!

Edited by tekobo
  • Confused 1

I tried out my new wood oven accessory (Alfa BBQ500) on some chicken thighs yesterday: a round, rotating grill on a stand above a metal tray for drippings or to add coals below. I cooked them too hot (because I was excited and got the fire way beyond necessary) but, with some judicious management, they came out fine. Just a new toy. It worked very well, especially since the fire was 200°C above where I intended...

BBQ500.thumb.jpg.10dcf2c3f611206ebc86be6ca8703fb9.jpg

BBQ500ChickenThighs1.thumb.jpg.a1d7ffebb27d73753840c03b27cf2029.jpg

BBQ500ChickenThighs2.thumb.jpg.f630590319fe65daad0be402599766ac.jpg

[And yes, these mutant monsters are actually thighs, not breasts! Of the six I cooked (we ate two), only one was "regular" sized - upper left.]

• Like 4