Poochie

How to reply to a post

If I'm looking at the topic "Everyday Misc Cooking Photos w/ details" and I want to reply to a specific post, it'll put my reply as the last reply for the whole group. There may be 4 different cook photos I want to comment on, but they'll all be at the end of the all the posts and not under the specific food post that I was commenting on. Is the only way to get my reply where I want it by catching the post right after it's made? I see only one "reply to this thread" button on the top of the page and I think what I'm looking for is a reply button for each post...not the whole group of posts. 

Another option is to just highlight the part of the post that you want to quote (if you don't want to quote all of it) with your mouse. You should see a pop-up box that says "quote." If you hit that, you'll open a new dialogue box with just that section of the previous dialogue. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips. I knew about the quote button, but if you quote someone's cook and photos, my reply goes to the bottom of the thread. Nowhere near the original post. I guess that's life. I will try Mackenzie's suggestion but I think it'll still go to the bottom of the thread. On the every day cooks, lots of different people post on there. They'd have to keep reading to the very end to possibly see all the comments people had for them.  OK, now I know. Thanks again.

Ahhh.  I see what you are saying @Poochie.  You are right, if you quote someone and respond to their post, your response can end up miles away from their original post if other people have posted in the meantime.  You say that they will then have to read through all the intervening posts before they get to your response.  They won't.  If they have notifications set, they will get a notification that someone has commented on one of their posts and, if they click on the notification they'll get taken straight to the comment that has been made.  

Edited by tekobo

That's true about notifications. But other readers that would like more info about the author's post and comments from others will have to keep reading to find out more. I guess they probably would anyway since they're in that section in the first place. Not world problems but thank you for the input.