jeffshoaf

Thermoworks Signals thermometer on sale!

Thermoworks is running regular pre-Black Friday sales with a different deal every week. Their Signals remote thermometer is on sale for 25%  off. It features 4 probes and with separate alarms for each displayed and configurable on the main unit as well as Bluetooth and wifi connectivity and configuration and alerts via smartphone app. The unit can be used as a temperature controller with the addition of their Bellows fan.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Signals

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Salty-walt said:

Do the bent probes or 90° connections fit through the port on the komodo?

I haven't tried with my new Signals probes yet but I doubt it. I had to straighten the 90* angled probes I have for other thermometers;  if you're careful, most probes can be straightened enough to snake thru the port. Since Thermoworks has straight probes, it would be nice if they would let you so them out.

Before trying to straighten these, I'm going to see if the plug end of the Thermoworks probe cables will fit thru the port;  I haven't compared then yet but I think they're a smaller diameter than the plugs on the guru probes.

On 11/13/2021 at 8:48 PM, Salty-walt said:

Do the bent probes or 90° connections fit through the port on the komodo?

I was thinking the plug end of the probe cables are straight but they're not and they don't fit thru the port. The bent probe don't fit either but I just now straightened mine enough to go thru. It's been a long time since I did the same with my bbq guru probes but I think the Thermoworks probes bent a bit easier. I just stick them between the boards on my KK side tables up to the bend in the probe and carefully pulled the probes to straighten them.