Durangutan

Hello from a NUG

Hello BBQ and Kamado enthusiasts! It’s a new useless guy checking in. I’ve never cooked on a Kamado but I took an interest their versatility some time ago. I didn’t have to research much before I decided that I wouldn’t bother with one until I could get a Komodo. My curiosity recently piqued again so I’ve been lurking a bit and thought it polite to say “Hello” so the ice is broken should I get to a point where I can ask an intelligent question or two. Many thanks for the wealth of information I’ve so far gleaned here! 

• Like 1

Welcome @Durangutan.  I was once a new useless girl checking in who had never used a kamado and had only rarely barbecued.  I now love my KKs and use them whenever I can.  Get stuck in.  Half the fun is in the deciding and waiting and then, when you finally get a KK (or two) of your own ALL the fun is in the cooking and looking.  

• Like 3

On 11/22/2021 at 8:26 AM, D.Drackett said:

I am still learning and it is already cold in Idaho.  We have a pavilion with all my barbecue equipment out there.  It has a huge fire pit, three cookers and shelves of paraphernalia with canvas covers and Velcro, but when it gets too windy, the Traeger by the kitchen door gets more use.

I built a pavilion a number of years ago also, in part, to shelter the cookers. Screened in, it is also a terrific outdoor refuge from the mosquitoes!

• Like 1

I'm in Louisiana and we're considered the mosquito capital of the world here. A little smoke seems to drive them away. You'll never regret your purchase of a KK...no matter what size or color you get. And people here are always ready to help with any questions you might have. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2021 at 9:19 AM, Durangutan said:

Hello BBQ and Kamado enthusiasts! It’s a new useless guy checking in. I’ve never cooked on a Kamado but I took an interest their versatility some time ago. I didn’t have to research much before I decided that I wouldn’t bother with one until I could get a Komodo. My curiosity recently piqued again so I’ve been lurking a bit and thought it polite to say “Hello” so the ice is broken should I get to a point where I can ask an intelligent question or two. Many thanks for the wealth of information I’ve so far gleaned here! 

Welcome @Durangutan .  Good luck with your research.  You’ll love the KK.