Mark Surratt

23 or 32

That's speaks a lot about the KK , i do love my Primo and I have had a lot of different smokers/grills, so with all of the positive input especially from people that had already had experience with ceremic cookers I know I will love it. I have a fireboard  and I find myself using it more without the fan assist, it seems to overshoot my temps by 5-15 degrees on my primo ....I never had that problem with my stoker on the stumps gravity smoker. Do you find you don't really need the fans on the KK? I think I have settled in on the cobalt blue, now to figure out what accessories, do you have any imput on what accesories to get? Thank you all in advance!

I'd get the rotisserie for sure and the motor for it.  The shelves come in real handy too. If you like fresh homemade bread and pizza, the pizza stone is necessary. Back to the Fireboard, I have one with the fan and it's flawless. But you will learn to dial in temperatures with the air flow/vent system on the KK without any controller.   It'll take a few cooks but it's worth taking notes to see where your smoker's settings will be.  Go with that 32" cobalt and don't look back. 

• Like 1

I also came from a ceramic cooker, a KJ classic, and was trying to decide whether to go with a 23 or 32. I heard the same rationale, and went with the 32 and have not regretted it one bit. If you get the basket splitter, you can adjust the size of the basket for whatever you're cooking, and the multiple cooking grids can create endless setups that will handle most any of your cooking needs.  I also second the rotisserie, I have never had better pork loin, leg of lamb, chicken or turkey than what I've produced using the rotisserie.  The KJ does still see some action as it's on the deck right outside the kitchen, it's pretty much relegated to hot dogs, brats and fish, the really quick cooks.

• Like 2