Stingrayguy

Looking for a KK 2nd hand- Northern Illinois

13 minutes ago, 5698k said:

While I appreciate your desire to see a KK first hand before buying one, I recommend just buying one now. Waiting will simply prolong the agony, and no one needs more stress in their life.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was looking to see if anyone wanted to sell theirs vs ordering. 

Sorry, I misunderstood. The issue with buying used is that it’s rare, and they hold their value, which means that you’ll pay a premium for a grill that doesn’t transfer its warranty. That said, there’s rarely a warranty issue with these grills. Good luck with your search, but I still recommend ordering a new one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, 5698k said:

Sorry, I misunderstood. The issue with buying used is that it’s rare, and they hold their value, which means that you’ll pay a premium for a grill that doesn’t transfer its warranty. That said, there’s rarely a warranty issue with these grills. Good luck with your search, but I still recommend ordering a new one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It will likely come to me ordering one.

by chance do you know the estimated wait time currently?

1 hour ago, tony b said:

You'll be extremely lucky (we're talking winning lottery ticket lucky) to find a used KK - 1) the size you want; 2) the color & tile style you want; 3) within a reasonable driving distance; and 4) up for sale in the next few months. 

Luckily I’m not picky as I just want one! I hear what you’re saying though as far as availability. I’m going to reach out and start the process of ordering 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, tony b said:

1) the size you want; 2) the color & tile style you want; 3) within a reasonable driving distance; and 4) up for sale in the next few months. 

1) 23" or 32" 2) who cares! 3) some of us really like a good excuse for a road trip, the longer the better the stories...

4) is the kicker. If nothing turns up he just buys. One forgets the pain of purchase quickly. The joy of a good cooker is forever.

• Like 1

You won't have to wait a week to hear from him. Calling him works.  That's the best way to find out if someone cancelled an order or just to order a brand new one. Leave a message if he doesn't pick up. He's on the other side of the planet, so he may be snoozing when we're eating lunch. He'll bend over backwards to help you get what you want ASAP. You can also try his chat on the Komodo page.  And last but not least, send him an email.  [email protected]

How does a used 32” in terra blue with a custom teak side cabinet sound, located in southern WI.  Love the grill but I cant take it with me in our new adventure on the road.

I am pretty sure I have everything besides gas assist and double drip pan, plus plenty of extras.

-Original for sale post on KK site.

image.thumb.jpeg.7420e717b54c1d13b2c55450a6c61c58.jpeg

-Dennis sending photos as y cabinet was being built.

image.thumb.jpeg.df741c75d9a13c6f725c58bcc031604b.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f4ef48d2e06ef8cb8afbc8f915ed814e.jpeg

-Original “blue print”

image.thumb.jpeg.c885f1b915d53613a094f8947213a0eb.jpeg

-Final product

image.thumb.jpeg.9bd9f195c133740d7903866fa398ae89.jpeg

Hey Chanley1983, I’m in Southern WI and I may be interested in the side table set up only  as I already own pretty much the same exact grill (terra Blue 32”). If you end up interested in breaking this up please send me a PM. 

Good luck on your future endeavors!

Paul