Poochie

The 32" Cobalt Blue Pebble was Delivered Today

I didn't take photos because it was one delivery dude and me hauling stuff. It came in two crates because the lid was in its own crate.  The dude unbolted one crate while I undid the other. This was done so he could help me put the lid on. He was a real big help so I greased his palm generously. Well...I had to...he didn't have change for a dollar. Anyway, he leaves happy and now I get to put everything together, which I love to do.  New style basket splitter, new style rotisserie basket...all good surprises today. Two boxes of coffee char thrown in for the fun of it.  The build quality can't be beat and I look forward to "burning it in" tomorrow.  

If any of you fret about rolling the smoker off the pallet...don't. This is my second one but it was just as easy as the first one. The pallet is CLEARLY marked with a sticker at the bottom that essentially says "roll the sucker off on this side."  See? You can't mess up.  There are two bolts by each leg at the bottom that you remove first thing. Then you lift the crate off. Super easy.  And last but not least, the top of the pallet is the ramp you use to roll the smoker off the pallet. Aunt Bee could do it. 

As most people already know, Dennis is a top notch guy to deal with. He'll do anything within reason to keep a customer happy. Dennis never gets tired of talking to potential buyers or owner that don't understand something. If any of you are on the fence about buying one of these cookers, you can't really imagine how over-engineered and heavy duty every part of this smoker is.  Spend the money, cry once and then you'll have something to give the grandkids one day. They're probably spoiled brats anyway.  Some of these photos are grates and heat deflectors in a cabinet I have in my shop. The dog is more spoiled than the grandkids. 

IMG_1756.jpeg

IMG_1754.jpeg

IMG_1753.jpeg

IMG_1759.jpeg

IMG_1760.jpeg

IMG_1750.jpeg

• Like 14

Thanks johnny. Tony, 26 wind chill is cold in Louisiana...especially in the south. But I froze for a good cause. The KK is now officially "vented" and it'll be ready to cook some kind of animal tomorrow. The new "tool-less" rotisserie cradle is very nice. The whole thing is very impressive. And using it today made me remember something MacKenzie said a few times. Pebbles rule.  I know I won't get any lip on that either. I'm really excited about cooking something tomorrow and Sunday.  After moving everything and putting the lid on I told the delivery dude that I was feeling it in my back. He must have thought I was a delivery person or an 18 wheeler driver because it sounded like he called me an old trucker.  My hearing ain't too good either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/3/2022 at 5:51 PM, Poochie said:

I didn't take photos because it was one delivery dude and me hauling stuff. It came in two crates because the lid was in its own crate.  The dude unbolted one crate while I undid the other. This was done so he could help me put the lid on. He was a real big help so I greased his palm generously. Well...I had to...he didn't have change for a dollar. Anyway, he leaves happy and now I get to put everything together, which I love to do.  New style basket splitter, new style rotisserie basket...all good surprises today. Two boxes of coffee char thrown in for the fun of it.  The build quality can't be beat and I look forward to "burning it in" tomorrow.  

If any of you fret about rolling the smoker off the pallet...don't. This is my second one but it was just as easy as the first one. The pallet is CLEARLY marked with a sticker at the bottom that essentially says "roll the sucker off on this side."  See? You can't mess up.  There are two bolts by each leg at the bottom that you remove first thing. Then you lift the crate off. Super easy.  And last but not least, the top of the pallet is the ramp you use to roll the smoker off the pallet. Aunt Bee could do it. 

As most people already know, Dennis is a top notch guy to deal with. He'll do anything within reason to keep a customer happy. Dennis never gets tired of talking to potential buyers or owner that don't understand something. If any of you are on the fence about buying one of these cookers, you can't really imagine how over-engineered and heavy duty every part of this smoker is.  Spend the money, cry once and then you'll have something to give the grandkids one day. They're probably spoiled brats anyway.  Some of these photos are grates and heat deflectors in a cabinet I have in my shop. The dog is more spoiled than the grandkids. 

IMG_1756.jpeg

IMG_1754.jpeg

IMG_1753.jpeg

IMG_1759.jpeg

IMG_1760.jpeg

IMG_1750.jpeg

Congrats!!! She's beautiful! My husband wants to know what a customary tip should be. We are getting so excited. 😁

• Like 1

Jacquie, I would think the tips depends on what the delivery guy does/no do.  All they're required to do is unload it at the end of your driveway. The guy I had lowered the crate with the lid in first. I told him I'd like it and the other crate in my shop in the backyard. Without a word, he headed that way like it was his job. After that, he got the other crate off the truck (the 900lb one) and headed to the backyard with it. I was moving and laying sheets of of plywood for him to roll the pallet jack on. Once everything was in the shop, I asked him if he would help me get the lid on. He uncrated the lid while I uncrated the body. He lifted the lid with me (192lbs) and we set it on. He stayed until we had it secured with pin and cotter pit...only about 5 extra minutes.  Since he was cheerful and helped with no complaints, I gave him $60. He said, "are you serious?? Thank you so much!"  He thought it was way too much, but it was worth it to me for what he did.  

So to sum it up, I'd start with $20 if it's an easy move to where you want it. If they go above and beyond the call of duty like my guy did, I'd give 'em more.  Start to finish he stayed about 45 minutes...maybe a little more. I'm sure others with chime in and say they gave $10 and the guy was happy and others gave $100.  You never know. 

• Like 3

Agree with Poochie, start at $20 and go from there. My guy got $40 as he was good about communicating his arrival and placed the pallet into the garage for me. Now the guy who came to move it into the back yard with the skid steer was exceptional. He got $60.

Edited by C6Bill
  • Like 1