Poochie

The 32" Cobalt Blue Pebble was Delivered Today

Yes, we will be using some wooden plywood or such on top of the pavers. The crate will never make it past our gas meter let only the AC unit so it will get unpacked in the garage before we go out and through the gate to the backyard. I appreciate all the tips! It really has helped us so much already. 😊  Do you know how many inches between the casters in both directions?

Instead of the plywood, I rented these plastic sheets that contractors use to drive equipment across yards, diamond textured on one side and smoother on the other.  Did the job and I didn't have to worry about cracking or splitting.  When I got mine last year, plywood was going for more than a couple of prime briskets, so I rented these three sheets for about $10.  The other photo shows the size of the pallet jack in relation to the crate.  Good luck!

kk1.jpg.0eaadee8d3dcd1056664e003b8e1371c (2).jpg

kk22 (3).jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GrillnBrew said:

Instead of the plywood, I rented these plastic sheets that contractors use to drive equipment across yards, diamond textured on one side and smoother on the other.  Did the job and I didn't have to worry about cracking or splitting.  When I got mine last year, plywood was going for more than a couple of prime briskets, so I rented these three sheets for about $10.  The other photo shows the size of the pallet jack in relation to the crate.  Good luck!

kk22 (3).jpg

Did the pallet jack roll across those plastic sheets fairly easily? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GrillnBrew said:

kk22 (3).jpg

That is really cool. Where did you rent them from?

• Like 1

On 2/20/2022 at 6:19 PM, Jacquie said:

Yes, we will be using some wooden plywood or such on top of the pavers. The crate will never make it past our gas meter let only the AC unit so it will get unpacked in the garage before we go out and through the gate to the backyard. I appreciate all the tips! It really has helped us so much already. 😊  Do you know how many inches between the casters in both directions?

The distance is 27" between the two front wheels... outside edge to outside edge. Front wheel to back wheel is around 48".  I can't find any information about the space between the back/steering wheels. Together it looks like they take up about a foot of space outside wheel to outside wheel. If you make your path 27" wide, you're covered for front and back wheels. I made mine around 32" to allow for a little wallow. 

22 hours ago, Jacquie said:

That is really cool. Where did you rent them from?

Did the pallet jack roll across those plastic sheets fairly easily? 

From the front yard to the back yard is a decent hill (thus the walkout basement), and the pallet jack did roll easily.  One son was "driving" and my other son and myself were holding the crate to make sure it didn't run away down the hill.  Had three others leapfrogging the plastic, so it was a very smooth operation.

I rented the sheets and pallet jack from Sunbelt Rentals, they rent heavy equipment as well  as basic yard stuff, not sure if they are national or not, but I'm sure there will be something similar near you guys.  The pallet jack and the three sheets cost me $30 for the weekend.  The labor cost me two pork butts and several beers, definitely a bargain!

• Like 3