DerekFSU

Assembly Instructions?

I'm not sure of the date it changed, but....The probe ports now have a stainless steel screw in piece instead of rubber and the top half of the 32" has a steel "band" around it where the bottom meets it. I think it's had a separate  cold smoker port for a while. The rotisserie end pieces have been redesigned too. They used to consist of several pieces and now they're solid pieces.  Not sure what else changed but I'm sure Dennis can enlighten us. 

Edited to say the top half (lid) has the metal band...not the bottom half. 

Edited by Poochie
  • Thanks 1

The two on the left are for the big rotisserie basket and the second from the right is the shaft that goes from the rotisserie motor into the KK. Just use the rotisserie bracket that says New on it, put the other bracket in a spares box in case you ever need it, thats what i did with my extra one 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, C6Bill said:

The two on the left are for the big rotisserie basket and the second from the right is the shaft that goes from the rotisserie motor into the KK. Just use the rotisserie bracket that says New on it, put the other bracket in a spares box in case you ever need it, thats what i did with my extra one 

Thanks! I think since I ordered separately I got two sets. 

Heat deflectors:

While I do make them, I haven't personally used a heat deflector in my grills for more than 12 years because I believe they increase airflow.  (It’s easier to supply them than to educate the ex-glazed pot users to believe they don’t need them)  In the glaze ceramic pot, big green egg, Kamado Joe world having a plate with thermal mass inside your grill will give additional stability during ambient temperature changes.  Because my grill is so well insulated.. they are not necessary. 
     I simply preheat the grill empty and then put a piece of aluminum foil on the lower grate for the area I want indirect, put my drip pan on top of that and use them to create indirect airflow. This will give you better performance/less airflow.

https://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/10026-heat-deflectors-in-the-kk/?tab=comments#comment-121321

• Like 3

Thanks Bill, if it only costs me some chicken, I’ll be getting off easy. Trying to lift the lid with my son, started losing my grip. Kept it from hitting the ground but it came down on my arm. I’m out of commission now so I’ll have to get 3-4 friends to help me out. Hope to get this baby fired up soon though 

Edited by Chief
Spelling
  • Sad 1

That’s a very good idea, thanks. I was looking up hoist rentals when some neighbors came by and helped me out. Took 5 people to lift it and get it in place. Guess I owe them all a nice BBQ meal! Hope my arm heals tho, it’s really hurting.

• Like 2