tony b

Good YouTube Video for Newbies

Just stumbled across this guy's video of "do's/don'ts" of Kamado style cooking. It didn't hurt that he has a 32" KK to show off either! I was very skeptical when I saw the title. BUT, his tips and advice were spot on. None of that "urban myth" stuff that you see in a lot of BBQ videos (my favorite - searing "locks in" the juices!) Good advice on quality charcoal and thermometers, too. 

I'll definitely check out some of his other videos, as I was impressed with this one.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hey guys, Haven’t been on the forums in some time. Noticed this post and wanted to say thanks to Toni for sharing it!

Happy to hear you guys enjoyed it! I’ll be doing more KK content this year so if you have topics you think would be helpful, let me know. 

Thanks!

Jake

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/11/2022 at 7:23 PM, jruddy said:

Hey guys, Haven’t been on the forums in some time. Noticed this post and wanted to say thanks to Toni for sharing it!

Happy to hear you guys enjoyed it! I’ll be doing more KK content this year so if you have topics you think would be helpful, let me know. 

Thanks!

Jake

Jake, I'm a big fan of "Rum and Cook" - thanks for doing it.  Your spatchcock chicken recipe rocks, and I loved the pork butt (yoder vs KK), etc.  Those comparison ones are good.  Loved your review on the cordless looftlighter.  Even though you had the tube turned around backwards, your video on the cold smoker for the KK gave me an informative intro.  My favorite is the one where you just tell people how to light the fire (Dennis's people actually sent that one out in my intro e-mail along with the KK manual before my KK got to me.). I'm not a beginner at Kamado cooking, but I like your beginner videos.  Like the one about how you clean your KK - I bought some of the zep degreaser that you recommended for the outside of the KK before it even arrived.  Been using it - It works awesome.  While considering responding to this post, I just popped onto youtube.  Haven't been there in a while due to just being busy.  I saw you had some new ones for brisket and pork butt - need to check those out.  I get something from almost all your videos.  Just keep going, man.

Thanks again.

-John

• Thanks 1

On 3/13/2022 at 10:53 PM, johnnymnemonic said:

Jake, I'm a big fan of "Rum and Cook" - thanks for doing it.  Your spatchcock chicken recipe rocks, and I loved the pork butt (yoder vs KK), etc.  Those comparison ones are good.  Loved your review on the cordless looftlighter.  Even though you had the tube turned around backwards, your video on the cold smoker for the KK gave me an informative intro.  My favorite is the one where you just tell people how to light the fire (Dennis's people actually sent that one out in my intro e-mail along with the KK manual before my KK got to me.). I'm not a beginner at Kamado cooking, but I like your beginner videos.  Like the one about how you clean your KK - I bought some of the zep degreaser that you recommended for the outside of the KK before it even arrived.  Been using it - It works awesome.  While considering responding to this post, I just popped onto youtube.  Haven't been there in a while due to just being busy.  I saw you had some new ones for brisket and pork butt - need to check those out.  I get something from almost all your videos.  Just keep going, man.

Thanks again.

-John

Hey John,

Happy to help! I’ll be doing some more KK videos soon. I plan on balancing out the Yoder vs KK a bit more this year as well. I also have some battle videos planned to keep it mixed up. 

Just waiting for the warmer weather to get here. Thanks for watching!