DennisLinkletter

Spicy Smoked Thai Mang Dah, the Other Grey Meat!

Hmm. I'm not certain which is worse. Eating them, or knowing there are flying bugs out there the size of rabbits. :shock:

But, the French eat worms, and disguise them with garlic and the sexy name "escargot," so who's to say? And deep fried cicadas are a treat in China.

I guess it's a question of choice. (I choose NOT.) Love you anyway, Dennis, but stick with beef, pork, or seafood when I visit. :)

Crab like, I'll take a swarm. I guess crawdags are kinda like bugs too.

I cooked some bear meat this week-end that my brother gave me and it was more like liver, I'd rather have the bugs anyday than liver. :D

Update =============================

Nah, never mind, I just went out and googled those and they were compared to waterbugs, that's just big ole roaches to me. I could do some big ole grasshopper, but not a roach. I'd rather have the liver :roll:

Re: Spicy Smoked Thai Mang Dah, the Other Grey Meat!

Wow those look like they have a lot of flavor! :shock:

With your new website coming soon, you may consider multipe versions, each with pictures of regional specialties uniquely presented according to the location of the websurfer's IP address. Egypt websurfers could have pics of camel, Australia pics of kangeroo, South America pics of llamas, etc.

Pictures of these litte guys have got to impact sales! :mrgreen:

Your over the top Bad Boy Gen II Ultimate is pretty much fin

Yep...that definitely goes beyond the realm of good taste! :D BTW, how does one harvest those things - hunt them with a shotgun, like geese?!

Speaking of grills, I sure would like to have one!

The wife says they put up blue, probably our black lights and nets at night of course.. They are not cheap in comparison to other snack foods.

They are usually sold, from a pushcart. They are re-deep fried when you order.. then liberally doused with spices..

Only the meat inside is eaten, the body is discarded.

The females taste good, the males much stronger and a lil' bit astringent.

I can't eat the males..

Thankfully 95% are females..

:lol::lol:

Your over the top Bad Boy Gen II Ultimate is pretty much finished!

I can't eat the males..

Thankfully 95% are females..

I would be one hungry M/F'er first! :smt011

I have well over a half-million frequent flier miles, and have been trying to decide where to go. When you travel the US for a living, any EXTRA travel has to be somewhere particularly cool. I was thinking about the Intercontinental (even more points there) on Bora Bora, or a similar destination in your neighborhood.

I can get the air and accomodations for free, but it looks like I better pack a couple of jars of peanut butter and jelly to bring with us :D:lol:

I'm not reversing tack here...but reviewing Dennis' explanation that there is actually "meat" and not just "goo" in them does add a little encouragement.

I liken our reaction to these things to the way my oldest son views things like shrimp, crawfish, or (my favorite as a native Marylander) crabs. To the uninitiated all of the above have a certain degree of shock factor :shock:

Maybe they are good eating....y'all go first, though :D

Re: Outshone...

Doesn't anyone other than Festervalve think my porch is pretty? :smt022

Guess it's just us, FV. :*

http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewt ... 7&start=30

Don't change the subject, we talkin about eatin bugs now :roll:

You have a lovely porch Sanny, and I am glad that you love them neighbors cause ya'll are kinda close together. But havin been incarcerated on occasion I prefers my space when I can get it :shock:

I'm not reversing tack here...but reviewing Dennis' explanation that there is actually "meat" and not just "goo" in them does add a little encouragement.

I liken our reaction to these things to the way my oldest son views things like shrimp, crawfish, or (my favorite as a native Marylander) crabs. To the uninitiated all of the above have a certain degree of shock factor :shock:

Maybe they are good eating....y'all go first, though :D

When I was a kid I seem to remember another young kid on TV named "Mikey" that would "eat anything". :smt045

Back then it was the introduction of "Life Cereal". Maybe someone can find Mikey for us. As an adult, he may have grown up to be even more daring! Since we all grew to understand that "Life Cereal" tastes good, inspite of our first reaction.. then posibly we could...

Possibly we could...

On second thought, wasn't Mikey in the obits back in 1999? :smt003