remi

Back in Action After the Move

After 6 weeks KK free, I've finally managed to get the 32BB into position at our new house...

Our movers were great, but the KK caused some serious dramas when the weight of it put their truck off-camber in the narrow laneway access to our garage; resulting in them being stuck fast half way down and having to push it the rest of the way while the guys in the front of the cab had to get out through a window and walk around the block! Wish I'd taken photos. Couldn't get into final position as a section of pool fence had to come out... so this morning had my builder and a few of his crew around to get the pool fence off (and later back on), and then some grunt to get it over a step and some grass. He'd clearly forgotten the mass of the thing and bought some thin plywood sheet which gave way- the morning was saved by a section of steel from the basket splitter which did the job the plywood couldn't.

Now in final position, so i can rest easy. Thinking of a porchetta for Easter!

Been great checking out all the amazing meals here in the interim, looking forward to getting back in the game...

Remi

IMG_4067.jpg

IMG_4068.jpg

• Like 9

As long as you have all that nice beer equipment and your KK you'll be fine, life's simplest pleasures. I hope you didn't sell the equipment with the other house. Oh, one other minor incidental, do you see that glass fence, I can't, that might come back to bite you, you know just sayin.

Ha- the fence is already covered with enough children’s fingerprints that it will be only too visible!

And don’t worry- the brewery is all intact, just need to re-configure the new garage a bit and get it into place. Had the foresight to brew just before the move so am fine for beer for awhile…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1