David Chang

Owl Woodworks cutting boards by Luke Martin

Just an introduction, not a review.

Owl Woodworks caught my eye when I was browsing the eatingtools.com website and as soon as they posted them for sale, they all sold out. 

I don't think I've seen any other wood cutting board like this. But it comes at a cost. I'm on the mailing list and it seems he just sells them one at a time. So you have to jockey position and respond to the email the second you get it. I'm really not into this kind of buying system, but it seems to be the norm with small batch hand forged knife and pan makers these days. This is his second piece on the mailing list. He's sold about 4 boards on eatingtools. Anyway, for $750, you get the board and the plate plus whatever shipping is.

More works on his IG: https://www.instagram.com/owlwoodworks/

image.png.3bea3543815735d9addee3e0c6e24d75.png

image.thumb.png.7bb039820ec225f822a4fa6591b3c789.png

i think the work put into make one of these justifies the price. but i think the price can be lowered if he makes it smaller and without the wood plate and slot for it. in the mean time, i will just tell myself the soft rubber japanese cutting boards are better at keeping my knives sharper anyway...😅

• Like 1

It is beautiful but for that price it should be accompanied by someone from the Swedish Bikini Team. I used to do woodworking and made cypress puzzle boxes with patterns similar...but not nearly as intricate...and I can tell you that a whole bunch of work went in to that cutting board.