C6Bill

Bone in leg of lamb

I assume I am not the only one cooking one this weekend.

I've never cooked one before so am looking for advice on time and temp for the rotisserie chamber of death, or basket as Dennis calls it. I'm looking for medium rare and was thinking 375 for 3 hours. I'll be seasoning with Meat Church Holy Cow and some rosemary. I'm not an anchovy lover and the lady friend does not like much garlic so i think this blend of seasoning will work well. It is free range Australian if that helps, 8 lbs, thanks in advance :) 

• Like 1

Cook it fast or cook it slow, but pull off if you like a med rare between 130-40. I prefer it just a bit past 140ish and let it rest as all meats before you dive in. Marinate or seasoning is a personal thing and there again I prefer a Balsamic 24hr bath for a unique taste with rosemary of course and some garlic. Baste it up as it turns with a favorite of yours, a sweet crusty shell of some sort, it adds to the taste. Too bad Basher isn't chiming in, I know this to be one of his personal favorites, he has a frig dedicated just to lamb

• Like 1

Oh yes, @tony b the Meater + will be in play. 

@Tyrus The night before I will slather it up with EVOO and rosemary and thyme, then wrap in butcher paper and let rest in the fridge overnight. In the morning I will take it out to warm up and with apply the Holy Cow at that point. My plan is to have it cooking by 8 AM and take it around 11 AM and then rest for an hour or so while sides are prepared, lunch served at noon or whenever we feel like eating :) 

Thanks everyone, i appreciate the input. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Ok, so I figured it might take 3 hours or more at 350 -375 so I put it in at 7:30 AM. Well 90 minutes later it was 125 internal and as high as 140 in some spots so off it came. We let it rest for an hour while we got the Greek salad ready. The cupcakes were made last night. Overall we were happy with the results :) Happy Easter/Passover everyone !!!!!

my favorite part was the cupcakes, they were amazing. Carrot cake with buttercream frosting 🧁 

70DB38B9-088F-4FB0-81D0-90A8CA9DFC78.jpeg

36429ECB-9C70-4FAB-935B-28252076F4FD.jpeg

86644239-E731-464C-842C-5B6162106E78.jpeg

2366D92A-E0EA-4AB5-94C5-41688CE32F35.jpeg

92143BAE-01B0-45FB-B37E-49D3D85D4751.jpeg

C1CFFD97-D387-45BB-92B6-FD867068CC08.jpeg

• Like 3