JustinM

Purchased KK 23” on eBay. Is it a fake?

Thanks for the heads up. Dennis emailed me saying essentially the same thing.  I’m requesting a refund.  The interior looks ok from the pics I’ve seen.  But I don’t like what I’ve seen regarding the Richard Johnson debacle.  I have. Bge, only looking to upgrade to a KK.  

22 hours ago, 5698k said:

Not a kk. It looks like a Richard Johnson

I just visited a friend who owns that exact Richard Johnson K5. It cost less than $1,000 new, and was worth less than that.

My K7 lost its tiles. I gave it to my neighbor when I bought my 23" KK. He then tried to give it to his gardener, but it broke into pieces when they went to lift it.

A genuine KK is worth every penny.

• Like 2

It’s interesting how many times I’ve seen similar situations..grills advertised as KK’s, that to the trained eye, clearly aren’t. The problem is that the sellers know what they have, and what a KK is, and hope the unsuspecting buyer doesn’t. I just wasn’t raised that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

In the description the seller cites the komodo kamado web site, not the RJ site. "Refer to eBay Return policy- eBay Return policy - opens in a new tab or window for more details. You are covered by the eBay Money Back Guarantee- eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new tab or window if you receive an item that is not as described in the listing." 

Komodo Kamada Grill Smoker Oven, 23” Ultimate

https://komodokamado.com/collections/23-ultimate

• Like 1