KK787

Perfect Pulled Pork

I’ve made pulled pork on my Camp Chef smoker and 23 Ultimate KK and they were pretty good.  Yesterday I tried Smoking Dad BBQ's Kamado style pulled pork in my KK, the results were fantastic.  Incredible bark, super moist meat without being greasy or wet and full of Smokey flavor the likes I’ve never experienced on the CS or KK.

Here is a link to his video:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=smoking+dad+bbq&qft=+filterui%3avideoage-lt43200&view=detail&mid=DFBF2B49473021E24E16DFBF2B49473021E24E16&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3F%26q%3Dsmoking%2Bdad%2Bbbq%26qft%3D%2Bfilterui%3Avideoage-lt43200%26FORM%3DVRFLTR

As Rum and Cook says, you don’t need all the contraptions that other Kamado style grills require in the KK and he is absolutely correct.  All I did was use my foil lined double wall drip pan as a heat deflector on the lower rack.  

I used award winning Harry Soo's technique for setting up his Weber Smokey Mountain for long cooks - worked fantastic.  Perfect light blue smoke for hours.  I forgot to shut down the grill after pulling the meat and even after 13 hours, the smoke was perfect.  No foil wrapped wood or cast iron pots.  Just charcoal and wood specifically placed and lit.  

I followed the temps used in the Smoking Dad BBQ link above.  I used my Fireboard controller to run the Pit Bull fan and my Meater Block to monitor the cooks in both pork butts.  A split screen on my iPad made monitoring both apps easy.   

To set the correct temps, I first set the dome temp to 270.  I then referenced the Fireboard probe reading and set that temp in the Fireboard app.  I closed the KK bottom vent, opened the fan vent about 1/2 way, and that controlled the temps well.  The sharp spikes in the graph is where I opened the KK for spraying.  Please not, the iPad picture is a snapshot and does not reflect when the finishing temps were raised to 330.  

Special thanks to Smoking Dads BBQ, Rum and Cook, and Harry Soo for your excellent How To videos.  Really appreciate your hard work and time all to make my cooks better.

43AE83FB-DF79-4B20-99DC-28642BE45FCD.jpeg

B4041D42-4282-4062-961D-35C980639777.jpeg

0575032B-522C-49DA-8A9C-2E104C7C518B.jpeg

• Like 4