jeffshoaf

Kitchen scales

Any recommendations on a reasonably priced set of digital water-proof or -resistant kitchen scales? I keep spilling water on mine and it goes crazy for a day or two as it dries out; of course, this always happens at the least convenient time. This time I'm making a loaf of sourdough for a Mum's Day potluck and I'm not an experienced enough sourdough baker to have faith in the results without weighing everything.

Yes, I know "reasonably priced" is subjective - I'm talking BGE reasonable, not KK reasonable...😁

• Haha 2

I ended up getting this one: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09H6W27CB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I'm not sure that I will like that it's rechargeable and uses a propitiatory cable but I like the scale so far. It's not more accurate than the replaced scale but it does show an additional digit when in ounces mode and it responds much quicker so it's easier to hit my target weights. The instructions say to remove the batteries if immersing in water; that's an easy tradeoff since no screwdriver is needed to remove the battery cover unlike other waterproof scammed I looked at. It survived a quick rinse in the sink with the batteries in place after I got flour all over it while I was parceling out pizza flour for vacuum packing as mentioned in the vacuum sealer thread.

• Like 1