Lance

Show your 22TT Please

Can't afford the 32bb right now,  so I'm considering a 22 or a 19. I would really appreciate it if someone can show me some pictures of food cooking on their 22's for a perspective. 

Also of your 16TT. Thanks in advance. 

@Lance unless you are in a hurry I would wait the time it takes to get the money together and get a 32 if that is what you want and need.  I like the 22TT but it is seriously heavy and you won’t be able to move it when you position it.  My preference would be a 23 over a 22TT for that reason.  All that said, go with your heart.  A KK is a thing of joy and beauty, whatever the size.  

I have a 16TT and a 23KK. The 23KK is much more flexible to cook about anything. My 16KK (older style, not the newer high top) is pretty much used just for grilling, although I have smoked some salmon on it. I agree with @tekobo about the 23 versus the 22, if that is your size range. When I bought the 23KK, I was torn between the 32KK and the 23KK. I bought the 23KK simply because its location was to be quite a way from the driveway and I was concerned about being able to move the 32KK there. Knowing what I now know, I would have bought the 32KK as it is relatively easy to roll them across the lawn using plywood. I would still also get the 16KK. They are great for daily use.

The best advice it to listen to @tekobo. You can't really choose wrong with any KK.

15 hours ago, Lance said:

Can't afford the 32bb right now,  so I'm considering a 22 or a 19. I would really appreciate it if someone can show me some pictures of food cooking on their 22's for a perspective. 

Also of your 16TT. Thanks in advance. 

do you think you will own two kk's? because if that is the plan, then get the 19 as your now grill, and the 32 down the road. 

because i have a 19, and after using it a few times, i immediately wanted a 32. 

i use to want a 16, but after price hikes, i feel it offers the least value compared to the rest of the lineup. and there's no rotisserie option on the 16. 

if getting the 22, you may need to build a table for it or get denis' teak creations, which adds to the overall cost. but it's SO much better to be able to roll the kk on wheels. 

I’d say go with the biggest KK you’re comfortable spending the cash on. I know you asked for photos, but this forum has members that are experts at advice on how to spend your money. Especially a couple of members from the female persuasion. 😀

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Poochie said:

this forum has members that are experts at advice on how to spend your money. Especially a couple of members from the female persuasion. 😀

Oh no, that club is not exclusive to the females. The guys like to spend your money on things, too, like knives, knife sharpeners, coffee gear, etc.