Poochie

OFF TOPIC....Security Sytems

Amazon prime day(s) are 7/12/2022 - 7/13/2022 and they're supposed to have a lot of home automation and electronics stuff on sale so this might be good timing on your part!

I don't have a full security system but I do have several Google Nest cams and doorbells that I'm reasonably happy with other than the one watching my driveway is prone to interpret heavy rain as a vehicle. One nice feature of the newest models is that they're battery powered but you can plug 'em in full time; even if plugged in, they call back to battery power so they keep recording when there's a power outage. They also have a decent amount of internal memory so they also keep recording when your WiFi is down; you can access those recordings once WiFi is restored.

• Like 2

MacKenzie, that bear didn't have a worry in the world. Never heard of HIK Vision, but I'll look them up. Great night time video!

Jeffshoaf, when I see the Google Nest cam tested, it always does great...except for night time. The ones I've seen are pretty bad at night. Otherwise, I'd go with them. I know about those Prime days, that's why I'm trying to pick one to order Tuesday. Thank you!

5698k, Ring is what I was looking at. Seems pretty simple and doesn't miss a lot of motion detections. The new "Outdoor Stick Up Wired Cameras" can also use a battery if needed. Doesn't come with one.

David, Wyze V3 was praised big time...until they decided to start charging for stuff they used to give you free.  Maybe not where you are, but here in the states they pulled that stunt. 

Thanks for the input. I've got a day and a half to decide before I order. Eufy is well liked but they miss some motion detection. Anyone else?

I have these awesome product love the fact even though I've not had to use it i can spin someone out by talking to them .https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/eufy-security-cam-2-pro-2k-wireless-home-security-system-4-pack . I've herd a couple of Rhodesian ridgebacks fit nicley with any security system

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

@Poochie yeah i pay for the cam plus pro. i'm already invested in this system (over a dozen in the house and office) that i didn't want to bother setting up another one just to hunt for free service. at the end, you are slave to the company and they can all change policy whenever..i would think the poochie in your avatar is security enough? 🐶

Edited by David Chang

15 hours ago, Poochie said:!

Jeffshoaf, when I see the Google Nest cam tested, it always does great...except for night time. The ones I've seen are pretty bad at night. Otherwise, I'd go with them. I know about those Prime days, that's why I'm trying to pick one to order Tuesday. Thank you!

I've been reasonably happy with the nighttime video, but I don't have anything to compare it to. Here's a recent example.

• Like 2

Aussie, I’m considering that exact model

David, The pooch is a great watchdog….when she isn’t sleeping. 

Cheesehead, the have a good Lorex on sale at Costco right now.  POE system  

Not bad at all Jeff. But that creature was too scrawny to put on the pit. 

Mac, I may go that route no matter what I get. The system I have now attracts lots of spiders building webs across the cameras. 

• Like 1

I just purchased the Blink (Amazon) doorbell and two outdoor cameras for my driveway and patio (KK). They are on a really good sale right now for Prime Day. I got the whole set-up for about $105 before tax. I'm sure they aren't the best but for the price, it's nice to have some basic security monitoring. They still do have nice features like being able to disable motion detecting for sectors of the picture in case you have a busy road or something you don't want triggering it every time a car goes by. It also has local storage if you don't want the cloud service. I haven't purchased a USB drive yet to try that out. 

I use the eufy system with the video doorbell and 3 additional cameras, great system and app with local storage, so zero monthly costs. They do have add ones for security system and they offer monitoring at a monthly recurring fee. I’m not using the security piece, but happy to know it’s available if needed.

I’ve had mine for about a year and have been very happy with it, very easy to setup!

regards.

• Like 1

Hey CaptMorg82,  I had Blink for a week and returned it only because the night vision was horrible. It looked like I sprayed WD40 on the lens. Other than that, I liked them.

bGrant, I looked long and hard at Eufy. The complaint I read the most about was that sometimes it didn't register motion. Even something like a car parking in the driveway.

Only one person suggested it, but I ordered some Ring cameras. I know they aren't perfect either but they come close to doing what I want. Should get them tomorrow.

And thanks again everyone who responded and shared their experience.