Poochie

Question for you sourdough experts

10 hours ago, Poochie said:

David, you've had that Anova over a over 3 months now, give me an honest rating rating of it and your overall satisfaction.  I'm going to guess that you use it all the time. 

it's been a good performer. the steam function for bread is really what i use it for. and i appreciate the other unique features like bagless sous vide. but i rarely use it. i wish it was made with better materials, but it would be a $xxxx oven instead of $xxx. after i got a good ear on a boule, i knew i didn't need my bread cloche anymore and gave it away. if you want to bake with steam, your home oven with a dutch oven or cloche can do it. but your limited to baking round breads. 

image.thumb.png.e1f5cd8c7579c7b6c89f336fe9cdcb03.png

• Like 3

@Poochie some sourdough pizza for you. yellow zucchini and pepperonicino. 

poolish: 300g pizza flour, 300g water, 12g starter, tablespoon honey. mix until all wet. leave out for an hour then place in fridge for up to 24 hours.

dough: mix poolish, 200g pizza flour, 30g ice cubes. add 15g salt when almost windowpane. 

recipe will make 280-290g dough balls. place into containers oiled with oiive oil. proof outside covered until dough doubles in size or keep in fridge for a few days to develop more flavour. note sourdough proofs much longer than dry or fresh yeast. might take 4+ hours to proof.

image.thumb.png.0f5199444019fb90c5ea60252a61f7e7.png

image.thumb.png.d1293872d1b1f6b8020fb74cec4b5e76.png

image.thumb.png.279e2a7b7548eaf2590d5e90e3f6ba96.png

image.thumb.png.32012239464b092ec3d94bb6dfab8c51.png

Edited by David Chang
  • Like 3

@David Chang That is amazing looking pizza! I have been meaning to get a sourdough started up and running for some time. Sourdough pizza sounds lovely. If you don’t mind my asking, what function do the ice cubes serve? I don’t think I’ve come across that technique in any of the pizza dough recipes I’ve looked at.

Finally, what did you cook that on?

8 hours ago, Bunji said:

@David Chang That is amazing looking pizza! I have been meaning to get a sourdough started up and running for some time. Sourdough pizza sounds lovely. If you don’t mind my asking, what function do the ice cubes serve? I don’t think I’ve come across that technique in any of the pizza dough recipes I’ve looked at.

Finally, what did you cook that on?

hi bunji, i made this on an electric effeuno oven. the ice cubes (a small amount) during the mixing process is to reduce the heat generated by the mixer. in this case, the thermomix is basically a blender, and the friction produced needs to be reduced to avoid mixing a hot dough. if your mixer doesn't get hot, you can just use water.