Cheesehead_Griller

Fireboard 2 Pro Temp Probes - Type K

I have had my Fireboard 2 Pro for about six months now. I feel as if my use is moderate. Two days ago the ambient probe died as I fired up the KK for an overnight cook. Perfect timing. Then, yesterday I did two chickens and used both food probes. My wife went to remove the probes from the chickens and the wire broke. It broke about an inch from the probe and came apart. I understand that probes don't last forever but only six months of moderate use seems a bit short. 

My question is do I buy probes from Fireboard or do I upgrade to Thermoworks K-Type probes? Does anyone have experience with both manufactures K-Type probes? Anyone else with Fireboard probes experience the same issues I have? 

2791F0D2-AD1C-4414-B3B6-A8AD924CB45C.thumb.jpeg.84ec2217b4b0087dce38f29630c72a07.jpeg

Edited by Cheesehead_Griller

58 minutes ago, David Chang said:

@Cheesehead_Griller i have fb pro and had one thermocouple break. wires came out, tried to reseat but didn't work. i switched to thermoworks. better quality thermocouple probes and more selection for all types of uses.

I appreciate the feedback. I’m glad to hear it’s not just me. I will be placing my order with Thermoworks. 

• Like 1

I have the FB Pro too but haven't used it all that much, no issues so far. But one thing i always do is place my food so that there is no bend in the leads, the weak spot for any probe is where the wire connects to the actual probe so i like them laying flat. I went through way too many probes with a different manufacturer and that was where they always failed.

• Like 1