jeffshoaf

Pet peeves?

I spend way too much time on smoking, grilling, and pizza-making forums plus some time on YouTube and find several things that people do and say that really irritate me; I try to limit any response I make to constructive and/or educational comments (unless it's an attempt at humor), but sometimes it stresses my restraint... 

Assuming most folks have some of their own pet peeves, what are yours?

Here are a few of mine:

• Calling charcoal "coal" - since there is an actual substance named "coal" and there are coal-fired ovens, this can just lead to confusion. Also, an appropriate term for burnt wood that hasn't been reduced to ash is "coals", opening another avenue for confusion.
  • Calling pizza "za" - I don't have a logical reason for not liking this but it really irritates me.
  • Like 2

Sounds like you gotta get out town, maybe to the beach on the west side of Australia there might be a secluded spot.  Otherwise don't worry about a thing, but if I had a peeve it would be the bottom shelf on the frig, man that's low. And on a serious note, who drank my last beer?  There are questions that will never be answered, ZA  might be one....  keep the faith Jeef, the tide changes every six hours. 

• Like 2

Sounds like you gotta get out town, maybe to the beach on the west side of Australia there might be a secluded spot.  Otherwise don't worry about a thing, but if I had a peeve it would be the bottom shelf on the frig, man that's low. And on a serious note, who drank my last beer?  There are questions that will never be answered, ZA  might be one....  keep the faith Jeef, the tide changes every six hours. 

Agreed Tyrus, something like this from last week at Noosa.
1a0e4dbea1052b2e6f7693efec8db8e7.jpg
I forget you northerners may have cabin fever at this time of the year.
Nothing worth being cranky about.
Light up your KK and take a moment to enjoy the small and great joys around us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/19/2023 at 12:40 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

No perforations on the paper towels!

Back to the basics and a little pull brings the whole roll spinning off onto the floor. That's funny and I'm sure an acquired art to master. If a boat load made it's way to the English shores it could possibly bring down the empire, you know being all proper and such.

Edited by Tyrus
  • Haha 2